Burro Window Seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Bambi
Burro Window Seal

I have searched all over and can not find a seal for the windows on my Burro. It is the large one that goes on the frame where the stationary part of the window is.

Would really like to hear from someone who maybe has bought this and knows where I can get it. I've looked at many, many links and so far no luck finding a match. It's kinda outta shape but measures either 5/8ths or 3/4". Thanks for any help..... jd
Attached Thumbnails
DSC06060.JPG   DSC06062.JPG  

Jane D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is this it?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post246105

Old 04-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #3

Thanks but.....won

No Tom, that looks more like the smaller one that goes on the part of the window that slides. I have some of that. This one is bigger and has the extra "hump" on it. jd
Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #4

Meant to say won't work..... Hit the button too quickly..
Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #5

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Hehr 5900 Vent Seal - Window Parts

Doesn't look like Hehr glazing beads--quite? Glazing bead for Kinro windows in later Burros is a dead match for the 3/16" bead in the link above. Earlier UHaul and Burros must use something different.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #6

Delaware
Also, I have Four Kinro fixed and slider and there's no gasket at all in the slider side. Ain't this fun?

jack
Old 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #7

Hehr or Kenro, don't know.....

Rabbit, looked at your link nothing there matches it. The 1/8" on your link appears to be the same as what Tom put up. Can't find a manufacturer's name on the windows but I believe they are original. All of the seals are shrunk so trying my best to find materials and replace them.

Still looking............Any help greatly appreciated. jd
Old 04-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #8

Delaware
1/8" Glass Glazing Bead H110-953

Guess not. Need a .66" to .75" section dimension. I can't find anything like what Jane has. Sorry.

jack
Old 04-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #9

Fun?????????????

It's only fun when I'm asleep! I've always enjoyed a challenge but this is about to get ridiculous. Now that the weather is warm I can't stop working on the thing. I could actually camp in it soon as I get this window seal crap overwith. jd
Old 04-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #10

That 953 is about as close as I have seen. I think I'll call that company tomorrow and talk to them. I'm thinking of clipping off a piece and sending it to a few places.

When and if I find something I will post all the details cause I really don't think I'm the last person who will need this information.

Keep them cards and letters coming, PLEASE.

Thanks much, jd
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I found a thread on this forum that started 6 yrs ago with the same exact issue and the thread died with no results. wow

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-24744.html
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #12

Delaware
Darn stuff is hard to measure even with a slide caliper because the exact line of measurement across the legs is often unclear. I think the distributors would appreciate matching to an existing sample, thereby saving aggro for both parties to the transaction.

jack
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Not this huh? Click image for larger version

Name:	GlazeBead.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	57207

If you're going to cut off a piece, I'd suggest sending a bit to these people, they've helped all molded owners before and have great customer service: Interstate RV Metal & Supply
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #14

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh, Jane. I tried a couple of sample sizes of that shape glazing bead, and boy if they are just a bit off the old burro window glazing profile. Drove me crazy.

I ended up taking the bigger picture of old not-that-great windows into perspective and have sprung for new Hehr customs.

Sorry, not the answer you were looking for.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
There was a recent post by Bruce & Kaye about having some type of window glazing for sale that was left over from their Uhaul windows. They give a part number. You can find their post by clicking on "Uhaul" in the list of trailers on the home page. I just looked, it was about the 3rd one down.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #16

Delaware
By gosh, I believe Donna has it and so does she. #009-843 glazing bead on her link. Thank you, Donna.

jack
Old 04-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
There was a recent post by Bruce & Kaye about having some type of window glazing for sale that was left over from their Uhaul windows. They give a part number. You can find their post by clicking on "Uhaul" in the list of trailers on the home page. I just looked, it was about the 3rd one down.
This is the direct link to Bruce's & Kaye's thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rim-57457.html

Jack, if the information I provided to the Interstate Metals site is correct, I BELIEVE they sell by the foot. Would be worth checking out. They're nice and helpful folks at Interstate.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #18

Saw this link a couple times

Jen B --- I haven't completely ruled out new windows. It may turn out that it's the only path left. PLEASE send me some details about the windows you ordered. i.e.,, where you got them and size dimensions. I had to do that with another trailer for the same reason as this, discontinued parts. PM me if you want and I'll take it from there.

[QUOTE=Donna D.;376167]This is the direct link to Bruce's & Kaye's thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rim-57457.html

The picture that comes up on this site using the part given is way different from what I seem to be looking for but following all leads!!

Thanks Donna for the tip on Interstate. Will be calling them today. East Coast // West Coast time difference thing. Part # 009-842 could be it. Will get back when I know more... Gotta figure this out. jd
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #19

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you decide to go new windows, one of our members found a reasonable source for custom sized sliders.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post362075
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #20

Just a little follow up. Have talked to John at Interstate Metals, very nice and trying to help, swapping info and pictures of seals to see if we can find a match. Will pass along any and all info that may help us all soon as I get the answers.

Tags
burro