Can Windows be Switched Out? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
Can Windows be Switched Out?

I'm thinking about switching out my Burro rear window for a Scamp slider to get more air. Has anyone done this? Is it possible? Found one that is 18 x 42 inches.....
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I think that someone did that with a UHaul back and front window. In that case, the UH window was slightly smaller than the Scamp, so they just needed to make the fiberglass hole a little larger and make a minor adjustment to the inside clamp ring to install it.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I'm one of those someone's that did it with the rear window in our Uhaul. I had to widen the opening by about 1/2" each side and round the corners a little. Also had to put the clamp ring on backwards. Scamp did a great job boxing the windows. I got the rear and one side window, $160 for the rear, $152 for the side, shipping was $60. You really can't tell how it will fit until you get your old window out. I have the following measurements that I took for the rear. My original opening was 41 3/8" wide, 18 1/8" high. The Scamp window needed an opening of 42 3/4" wide and 18 1/4" high with a 3" radius corner. Scamp sent the clamp ring and some sticky back foam tape. You're probably better to use the butyl putty tape rather than what Scamp provides. I couldn't get the window flange to draw up tight, and it probably didn't leak because I also used some adhesive sealer too.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows