Casita cushion foam replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2021, 05:51 AM   #1

Name: Biker
Trailer: 2018 Bigfoot 21' 25B21FB (PREV: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe)
North Carolina
Casita cushion foam replacement

Hello,

Where would you suggest buying replacement foam that is most similar to the original foam used in Casita seat cushions?

Is the size (thickness) and type (maybe density) common/well-known?

Thank you in advance!
biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Check with the woman that makes the cushions for Casita: Tamara Armstrong, Clifton Upholstery, Waco Texas. 254 753 0211. There always is someone selling some cushions out of their Casita for some reason, like for a permanent mattress or some other modification. Of course they are usually on the other side of the country and it's too expensive to ship them.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #3

Name: Randy
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
California
Foam

I sell foam. If it is cushions that you are going to sleep on I recommend a 30250, some mfg. reverse this number 25030. The 30 is the ILD or the number for the hardness or softness. The higher this number is the harder the foam. The lower the number the softer the foam and has nothing to do with the quality of the foam. The 250 is the weight of the foam. it actually is 2.5, this number is the quality of the foam. The lower this number the less quality the foam. An average quality weight would be about 180 or 1.8.
You can get heavier weight foam but this is usually about the best you can get. If you are only going to sit on the cushions you could go to a 45250 or a 50250. Some resellers of foam will give you a number like HR30 or Q40. This doesn't tell you the weight of the foam. The HR means high resiliency which is a little better than non HR. The Q doesn't tell you anything, it is part of their part number. If you want to ask me anything you can call me at 951-360-5555.
Randyag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 AM   #4

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyag View Post
I sell foam. If it is cushions that you are going to sleep on I recommend a 30250, some mfg. reverse this number 25030. The 30 is the ILD or the number for the hardness or softness. The higher this number is the harder the foam. The lower the number the softer the foam and has nothing to do with the quality of the foam. The 250 is the weight of the foam. it actually is 2.5, this number is the quality of the foam. The lower this number the less quality the foam. An average quality weight would be about 180 or 1.8.

You can get heavier weight foam but this is usually about the best you can get. If you are only going to sit on the cushions you could go to a 45250 or a 50250. Some resellers of foam will give you a number like HR30 or Q40. This doesn't tell you the weight of the foam. The HR means high resiliency which is a little better than non HR. The Q doesn't tell you anything, it is part of their part number. If you want to ask me anything you can call me at 951-360-5555.

Helpful!
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #5

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker View Post
Hello,

Where would you suggest buying replacement foam that is most similar to the original foam used in Casita seat cushions?

Is the size (thickness) and type (maybe density) common/well-known?

Thank you in advance!
You can usually buy foam from an upholstery shop. Check for one in your local area. That is where we got some once. Use Randyag's info for the correct stuff you want.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:38 PM   #6

Name: Biker
Trailer: 2018 Bigfoot 21' 25B21FB (PREV: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe)
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyag View Post

Thank you for the detailed response!
Do you happen to know which type of foam is used for the Casita dinette table seat cushions, or is it best to call Casita Inc on that?
Also, since the year of our trailer is 1999 I don't know if it'd be the same foam type used today on newer trailers or if it's changed over the years.
Appreciate all the help.
biker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita