Casita Needs a Little Work - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Casita Needs a Little Work

My 17' Spirit needs a little TLC. Although my husband is great about working on the house, he really doesn't want to tackle learning how to work on the trailer and I really don't want to either. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop/individual in the Fresno, CA area that does good work? Thanks!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The best type of shop depends a great deal on the kind of work that needs to be done. Do you have a "honey won't do" list?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #3

Very good point as there are a number of different issues.
1. In two places there are faint spiderweb cracks in the fiberglass
2. There is a little "give" in the floor in front of the pole for the side table (it's a Spirit) that my husband thinks is due to a number of trips with the table set up because we literally could not get it to dislodge from the floor (got that problem solved). I hope it's not a leak, there's no dampness or smell.
2. Possibly two missing rivets and numerous missing caps
3. Cracked and deteriorating vent topper things
4. I want a Fantastic Fan or something like it installed.

Otherwise, for being 20 years old (I've had it almost10 of those years) it's in great shape! I've thought about getting something a little bigger--like an Escape 19--but my husband is too emotionally attached to the Casita. :0(

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #4

Name: Eric
Trailer: Trillium
California
Hi Lisa,

In Fresno, a relative of mine recently used Camping World and the experience was ok. I have heard a few good things about Elite Rv. Some of the items you mentioned fixing on your Casita sound really simple. If you happen to be in the foothill area north of Fresno, I would be happy to take a look.

Eric
BASE1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #5

I checked with Elite and they said they do FG work and to bring it in for a quote. I also remembered a few other little issues to add to the list. When we're done she'll be a brand new trailer! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Tags
casita