Ceramic Polish for Fiberglas Trailer? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2020, 12:37 PM   #1

Name: marant
Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
Texas
Ceramic Polish for Fiberglas Trailer?

I am seeing a lot of advertisements for different ceramic polishes. Does anyone here use it on their trailer? It is supposed to last for years, giving a very bright surface.

I have a 2010 Escape with a surface that is somewhat shiny, but not like when it came from the factory. I have tried waxes and polishes, but am attracted by a finish that lasts a long time while remaining very shiny.

I understand that some of the ceramic finishes must be applied by a professional, but would like to find one I can apply myself.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Ceramic finish is a surfacs sealer not a polish. Trailer needs to be polished and cleaned or you seal in anything you dont want.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #3

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
I clean my 77' Boler 17' (all fiberglass) first with Bartender's Friend well diluted
Then I use Zep Floor Polish - just wipe it on like you were cleaning your kitchen counter. 1/2 hour between 5-6 coats!! It does shine and it does stay shiny for 3-4 years. And it cleans easier with soap and water once you have that Zep wax on. A gallon is maybe $25CAD
Attached Thumbnails
Porteau Cove 2019.jpg  
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #4

Name: Fred & Linda
Trailer: Little Joe
Texas
I agree with Dave - - - we use Zep Hardwood Floor Polish on our Little Joe.

It's been about 5 years and ready for another strip and re-polish. Very easy to do. Just be careful with the Bartender's Friend on your decals. I learned the hard way that it will fade them if you are not careful.

. . . . Fred
Fred-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:07 PM   #5

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 ft SD
Colorado
Ceramic Polish

I use the ZEP heavy duty floor wax, four coats and it really shines. To prepare the surface I wash the Casita with the ZEP grease and dirt remover. If you need to strip the old finish off the ZEP floor wax remover works great.

The ZEP floor wax remover also works great for cleaning up head lights that have clouded over because of the sun.
ehoepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:23 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Anybody use ZEP on their tow vehicle?
Old 11-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: 17' Casita
California
I checked the Zep website and see "high traffic floor polish" as well as "wet look floor polish". Are these the products referenced?
robswarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #8

Name: Bill
Trailer: Perris
Florida
No, don't use Zep floor polish on your trailer. It doesn't have any UV inhibitors and will eventually peel away from the trailer. When that happen it is a pain to remove.

I would use this one your camper to restore the shine to the fiberglass.
https://shurhold.com/products/buff-magic-compound
BillBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:07 AM   #9
JPM

Name: Jim
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by robswarts View Post
I checked the Zep website and see "high traffic floor polish" as well as "wet look floor polish". Are these the products referenced?
Yes wondering what the better product is to use as well??
Thanks
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:00 AM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul VT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM View Post
Yes wondering what the better product is to use as well??

Thanks

High traffic has more solids and builds up faster so probably 1 or 2 less coats, high gloss has more shine. I use both. Finish with high gloss. The key is to use the correct applicator. I like PoliGlow’s applicator. And yes I have used PoliGlow and can see no difference except price. Both have to be stripped after 2-3 years . It all depends on the amount of sun exposure. My brother-in-law’s Scamp is still good looking after 5 years but it is barn housed except when camping.
Mike Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #11

Name: Debra
Trailer: Casita 2019
FL
Hi All, Still wondering about the ceramic sealer. I am getting my trailer cleaned by someone who said they would use the ceramic product and I had not heard much about it. Also welcome further ideas about cleaning and wax products. It seems like this needs to be done first then add the ceramic sealer. I am in Florida and my 2019 Casita has been outdoors for more than a year. It needs help. Thanks.
Debbie in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote