Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 21 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #401

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
One coat never looks good ..all streaky and patchy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
I did one coat on my close awning. Anybody try this? Today I went out to the barn and it didn't look so great on there. So I'm wondering if I should give it another coat or just remove it for there?
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #402

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
I did one coat on my close awning. Anybody try this? Today I went out to the barn and it didn't look so great on there. So I'm wondering if I should give it another coat or just remove it for there?
Not sure it will work on awning fabric!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #403

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008

Not sure it will work on awning fabric!!
Closed awning.
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #404

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp
Registry
I was just at Lowe's & saw they had a very large container of Red Max Pro 3 on clearance for their side walk sale. I didn't really need that much of it so I went for the Zep Wet Look. I also bought some TSP & Bar Keeper's Friend. I hope the Zep Wet Look works as well as the Red Max Pro 3.
Attached Thumbnails
redmax.jpg  
barryra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #405

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I think I paid $16 for a gallon, that must be a 5 gal container. You could resell it in pint containers to members here, it only takes a little to do your trailer, maybe 8 oz.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #406

Trailer: 1980 13 ft Scamp
Well, I'm tired and my arms and neck muscles ache because I washed and used BKF this morning to clean my Casita.....then I used the Red Max Pro 3 I've been dying to try since I read the posts on it last year. All I can say is WOW! It really looks great. And since I'm a no youngster,l and I didn't fall off the 3 step ladder while cleaning it, I am really smiling! My 2003 looks like new......wonder if it would work on improving the finish on a 66 year old woman? BTW Lowe's had a giant 5 gallon container on sale which I bought....much more than I'll ever use because it doesn't take much.
Gail G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #407

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Well I used the Red Max on my 92 that I am trying to sell. It came out great. Located a possible buyer on Craig's List. A couple showed up looked it over and pealed out the dough just like that. I have no doubt that the appearance of that nice shinny unit greatly helped sell it.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #408

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Can you put Redmax pro
Name:   00021709011937lg.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  48.3 KB
or Zeb floor finish
Name:   zep.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  10.6 KB
over Poliglow?Click image for larger version

Name:	POLIGLOBOTTLE__33630_zoom.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	46533
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #409

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Another Red Max Fan. I should have spent more time scrubbing a few spots and used some more caulk remover, but I was anxious to get the show on the road. I'm very happy with the results after 4 coats, anyway.

For those of you following my UHaul upgrade, these are my new refrigerator vents. I'm still working on trimming out the interior around the refrigerator door.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3660.JPG   IMG_3661.JPG  

Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #410

Registry
poligolw

Well, you can add me to those who have used the Poliglow product. It came out great. I have a 98 Casita that I acquired at my local air base at a sale at the recreation area. It was pretty oxidized. It's looking pretty good now. Very happy with the result.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #411
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
I had read several post on here about Poliglow and bought some off e-bay for around $70.00 with shipping. I put 4 coats on one of my campers and I thought it really turn out great..then I found a post on a boat site where a guy said that Poliglow was the exact same thing as a floor finish..So after I bought this Trillium 1300 I'm working on I went to the local Lowes and bought a gallon jug of RED MAX PRO floor finish..The guy at the store told me it was used a lot on church floors and it really could take alot of abuse...I used the applicator I had from the Poliglow and after a really good cleaning with Bar Keepers Friend ( Dave the Trillium King told me about this product) I put 4 coats of the floor finish on..The 2 campers have been setting in the hot summer sun now for 2 1/2 months and I really think the one with the floor finish looks the best..I don't know how the products will standup over time but I will keep everyone up dated..I do know that mud and bird droppings wash off with a spray of the hose, it seams nothing really sticks to either of them..The poliglow says you need to put 1 refresher coat once a year and thats what I plan to do on the other one also..So now for pictures and I hope I can get them posted...Here are 3 of the 1300 with floor finish and the jug of finish I used..I'll post pictures of the one with poliglow in the next reply..I'm a chicken picker so it will take me a little time..
Randy I used Red-Max Pro recently on a 1985 Bigfoot and now doing a 1985 U-Haul. Looks as good as Poli-Glow.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #412

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Another Red Max Fan. I should have spent more time scrubbing a few spots and used some more caulk remover, but I was anxious to get the show on the road. I'm very happy with the results after 4 coats, anyway.

For those of you following my UHaul upgrade, these are my new refrigerator vents. I'm still working on trimming out the interior around the refrigerator door.
Hi Thomas - your UHaul looks great. Wondering what kind of paint and the color you used on your vents? Greg is salivating over your cool hubcaps, where did you them and size? We are still on the hunt for the decals. Have watched Ebay but haven't seen any listed. Are yours original? Aren't I a pest? Greg is busy scrubbing our little UHaul for the big Red Maxx Pro day. Can't wait. Thanks..love your pictures.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #413

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
Hi Thomas - your UHaul looks great. Wondering what kind of paint and the color you used on your vents? Greg is salivating over your cool hubcaps, where did you them and size? We are still on the hunt for the decals. Have watched Ebay but haven't seen any listed. Are yours original? Aren't I a pest? Greg is busy scrubbing our little UHaul for the big Red Maxx Pro day. Can't wait. Thanks..love your pictures.
Thanks. Paint on vents is Rustoleum for plastic spray paint, Shell White # 211364. Wheel covers are just cheesy 13" models from Meijer, a Midwest grocery / department store. They were closed out for $5 a set, so I took a chance. I needed to cut a hole in the center for the new hubs with brakes that I have installed, so I didn't want to spend a lot. I haven't towed it with them yet, so I can't vouch for their quality.

My decals are original, except I replaced the rear lettering with a set from Goosler.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #414

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I bought Poly-Glow before I read all the info about Redd Maxx. I spent a tremendous amount of time cleaning the trailer before putting the polish on. I washed it outside and when I was ready to start the next day it was covered with sand and junk out of the trees the wind was blustery. I washed it off again took it into the garage; still felt sandy closed the doors got out the vacuum and went over it again,,,, work, work, work. I put six coats on. I painted the front area where it had serious rock damage. ( I repaired the gel coat with resin and sanded it, before painting) here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
0531121458.jpg   0531121458a.jpg  

0609121939.jpg   0609121939a.jpg  

0601121443.jpg  
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #415

Registry
Looks good Kenny. That two tone look is nicer than original. Maybe the manufacturers should take notice. That kind of coating on new ones might be a good idea.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #416

Trailer: 1980 13 ft Scamp
Thumbs up Good job!

Looks nice Kenny! It is a lot of work, prepping the egg, but the results are long lasting and well worth the effort. BTW, great idea using the truck bed paint on the front to protect against, and cover rock and gravel damage.
Gail G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #417

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Great looking job Kenny. I really like the gravel guard truck bed spray you did. I've always been found of the Bigfoot little 13.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #418

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
The use of the bed liner spray is brilliant. Please keep us posted as to its longevity. You did a beautiful job.
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #419

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Has anyone ever answered whether you can put one of these other products on OVER Poliglow? I'm going to use up my bottle of PG with this round. So for next year's coat (and I think I'll put one on in the fall before the winter winds hit) can I switch or should I use more Poliglow?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #420

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
Thumbs up

I think there are members who have used both, and perhaps they would do a little experiment with Poly-Glow with Redd Maxx over the top of it. Any takers??? Come on now "Git-R-Done".
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poliglow