Cleaning products - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Okay, my three favorite cleaning products in my bricks and sticks were Ajax, Pinesol and Windex. After just wiping out the shower today, without the use of Ajax (which I would normally use) I got to thinking..."I really should ask... because regarding the fiberglass and the tanks, I don't know what I should use. I have used none accept the Windex for the windows and I have used some dusters on the walls, but it is time to get down and do the real cleaning (I love it, I don't have to clean EVERY weekend like in my house), so...what is safe for both surfaces and tanks? Any help would be appreciated. The toilet is a main concern, it's not bad, but I want it disinfected. Thanks.
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Monica M... My fav. window cleaner is 1/2 warm water 1/2 Windshield washer fluid& some white vinegar and two drops of palmolive dish soap. Buff with paper towel and the windows just seem to disappear!!!
Detol is a great disinfectant and wonderful on insect bites. Soak a sponge/J cloth with it full strength and wipe off/out the toidy bowl... don't even need to flush it into the tank.
Don't use any abrasive products on the fiberglass!!! Mr. Clean does a good job on our acrylic tub at home!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
This is what I use

Name:   Original_ProdShot.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  25.5 KB

http://www.colgate.com/app/MurphyOilSoap/U...nalFormula.cwsp
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
My favorite is Simple Green diluted to whatever strength works for the task at hand, from a little for minor soil to full strength for really yucky stuff. Spray on and wipe off with a damp soft cloth. Another favorite is lemon Pledge wiped off and polished with a microfiber cloth. Works well on Scamp cabinets and plexiglass windows. Bon Ami is my favorite cleanser for the sink. Happy housekeeping!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
I have 2 products that I use on my trailer..

1) Lysol - doesn't leave streaks on the fiberglass (interior..never used it on the exterior) mixed with warm water...claims to kill 99% of germs and doesn't have to be rinsed.

2) L.A.Awesome cleaner (that's the name) obtained at Dollar General for $1.00 for the spray, $3.00 for the 1/2 gal. I used this on my trailer (exterior) to clean it up and remove things like bird droppings, tree sap stains, etc. I read where someone else had used it to remove tar and black marks from around their wheel wells. I will tell you that it does remove wax - even says so on the container. yet it sure made my exterior whiter and brighter...

and I SWEAR BY micro-fiber cloths for everything!!

I like Alf's window cleaner solution...and I used to use something like it - until I found "Invisable Glass" glass cleaner..it's suggests on the can to use paper towels to wipe it with. It's AMAZING on my trailer windows and every other window I clean. A guy at a Classic car show told me about it.

Just my 20cents worth...
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Monica, from a post last year, I heard about the Awesome Carolyn suggested, I used it on the first old Casita I bought. I can't tell you how good it took off the yucky black film, tree sap, etc from the exterior of the 85. It was looking real good. There was also another product that I read about here to put the shine back, only did a test spot and it really made a difference cause the 85 was very oxidized, New Finish, orange bottle Wallie World, cheap. I never got to that project cause I bought the 07 a week later but passed along the bottles I bought for the project to the buyers of the 85. I haven't tried either on the 07. But I thought I would do a test site, just to make sure it wouldn't take off the good stuff on the 07.

On our first trip out last year in the 07 we had a bad blow out, and I asked the guy at the tire shop what would take the rubber off the inside wheel well of the casita, guess what he used........................... Awesome! Dollar Store................

Windows are a fine art........................ IMHO but I have done hair for 25 years and have issues with dirty mirrors. I am a plain vinegar and water window cleaner with a micro cloth, but when certain windows streak I love good old newspaper to clean them. I don't know why it works. But messsssssy for your hands!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote