Compact II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
1973 COMPACT II: Info needed on original EVERYTHING:
-owner's manual
-side windows (did they come with awnings? Mine has poles mounted on both sides but no awning. I do have the completely functional rock guard awning for the front window.
-can anyone take several digital pics to email me of their icebox area...someone has changed (ripped out the whole closet area with the 2 drawers and small ice box and put in an electric bigger dorm-like fridge. I've still got the original icebox and would like to restore it back to original...as much as possible. Where can I hope to find the ugly cheapo pecan veneer? Or will something else match-up with it?
-did all originals come with the ugly 70's Formica floor? Orange, avocado and mustard like ameba squiggles?
-any idea whether a power washer might take off the overcoat of white paint that the previous owner 'dressed up' the lower portion of the walnut...or whether I should use that paint stripper for it?

Any info you can give me or pics would be SO VERY MUCH appreciated by me. I think I'm falling in love with the little guy! I might even sell my pristine '98 Casita, complete with bathroom, stereo, microwave etc and keep this old guy.

Barbara Buehler
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Send a message via AIM to Chuck H
Barbara I can e-mail you some of the interior "before" shots of my 1974 Compact II if you let me know your e-mail address. Chuck H.
Chuck H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Barbara I can e-mail you some of the interior "before" shots of my 1974 Compact II if you let me know your e-mail address. Chuck H.
I would like to suggest y’all use the [b]PM system in this website software so that the SPAMMERS cannot catch your email address.

Under every post is the person’s [b]PM link.

Any email address posted on a public website can be harvested, that is one of the reasons we use this software. It totally hides email addresses.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #4

Trailer: Hunter 1 / Chevy Blazer
Registry
Barbara,
I will try and take some pics of my interior of 1975 Hunter 1.

I have one drawer on either side. One under the stove and one under the open shelves.

Yes, the floor is straight from the 70's.

Look on page 15 of "Show us your rigs" at the top of general chat. You can see some of my interiorl

Linda
Linda of San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey there,
I have a Compact II also, and I've noticed patched holes around my side windows that sure do look like it must have had some mini awnings around them at one time. It seems like another owner on here mentioned something like that too. So maybe when they were new, it was some option for our Compact II's.
It seems like there's no end to the variety of options that can be mixed together on our trailers. You say yours originally had an icebox huh? Cause not all, but most Compact IIs Ive seen have refrigerators. Mine does, major reason I got it. That and the bathroom, another option that doesn't seem to be in every Compact II.
Mine is just about completely original, as I'm not too decorative. I've at least tried to make sure everything's in good repair, and have done a little fixing up as far as accesories, etc. They are great little trailers, and I think they're just about the lightest rigs around... Anyway, welcome the the circle of Hunter Industries owners! hehe HUGS! Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:45 AM   #6

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Barbara,
IMHO go with what pleases you and don't worry about original materials. Almost all owners of 30+ year old trailers have updated for functionality or because the old parts and materials do not exist. I have some fond memories of the 1970's; but, fashion and interior design styles are not among them. Below is a link to contact paper that looks like the original in my Compact Jr. I wanted a lighter color in my interior and used maple Formica, maple contact paper, and maple laminant flooring.

Tom Trostel

http://www.berlinwallpaper.com/dcfix/image...ans/3460092.jpg
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #7

Trailer: 73 13 ft Hunter Compact II
I'm with Tom. I completely stripped all the inside fixtures out of my Compact II. I am posting updates as I complete them. I just finished my floor and am starting to add the modified bed and other updates on it.
Darrel Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
my compact 2 has the side awnings still attached and i still have all the hardware and attachment for the rear awning. i will get the rear awning made when i get more time. i will post a picture of the side awnings when i get back from my conference on monday. have fun with your new trailer and welcome!
JoeyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #9

here are some pictures of the awning and the mounts. the grooves on the base mounts hold the awning support in whatever angle you desire. i also found out that when the awning is fully extended downward, it acts as the curtain for the window which explains why there are no curtain holders on the inside of the windows! there is a mount for a rear awning at the rear of the trailer an i have all the hardware for it, but i have yet to have one made. sorry for the late posting of these pics, but i hope they shed some light on the awning story of these wonderful trailers.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC_0004.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #10

more pics
Attached Thumbnails
PIC_0007.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #11

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Wow Joey, GREAT pics of the awnings! It's so nice to FINALLY know what they look like, and what those carefully filled-in holes around my side windows were for! hehe Now I'm VERY curious to see how the back one looks. So I'll be watching for that update on this thread! hehe I think I've seen the filled-in holes on other folk's rigs too, remnants of these handy little accessories. It's a darn shame that they aren't all still around huh?
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote