Cover for 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Cover for 13' Scamp

I have been asked to get a cover for our 13' Scamp. we are in SoCal so it's mostly for sun protection. Any suggestions whats good (and less expensive) or products to avoid.
Many Thanks

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I thought the eBay cover was a pretty good value. I've only had mine for 3 months, but if you do a search, others have had it for longer.

Deluxe Scamp 13' travel trailer Camper Cover | eBay
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
was at scamp last week, they said they may have a cover before to long
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
was at scamp last week, they said they may have a cover before to long
There's been all kinds of postings from Scamp on their Facebook page about it. Hope the "before to long" isn't too long!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I thought the eBay cover was a pretty good value. I've only had mine for 3 months, but if you do a search, others have had it for longer.

I read this today at about 3pm and ordered it right away. within an hour it had a UPS tracking number and it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday!
The price looks right and the description seems quality.
I will report further upon receipt.
Thanks for the connection!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: 13 ft Casita 1985
Iowa
yes please report on that cover, I have been thinking about getting it but was not sure about the quality.

thanks
camper407dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #7

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
I'm curious on the quality and fitment on this unit also, I've seen these on ebay and wondering how tight these fit or if they are all loose fitting like the picture shows? wasn't sure if that was a generic picture or what?
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
My 13 is veritably festooned... with antenna, fan cover,and A/C with a fairing.
installing the cover might be a challenge, and I am a little concerned about the delta antenna being damaged, but I have a rolling staircase from a bookstore which should facilitate matters.
If needed, I am considering a cardboard box of the right size to cover the antenna.... That may protect both it and the cover from damage.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #9

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi all,
I bought this cover (the same one Thomas G. provided a link to) last fall to protect my '84 Scamp through the harsh Minnesota winter. Well, that winter never materialized, but the trailer stayed nicely snuggled under that cover all winter.
I threw a Bounce dryer sheet in every cavity of the trailer to keep the mice at bay. On days that I would unzip the side panel and go inside to check for mouse signs, I noticed that on the warmer mornings, there would be condensation on the outside of the trailer. It would disappear as the day warmed up.
The cover stayed secure and in place when I remembered to latch the straps that go underneath the trailer from side to side. The only damage was from what I think was mice chewing at those straps. Just cut out the chewed bits and sewed the straps back together. Cover is packed away in its storage bag, but I'm tempted to put it back on the Scamp while I'm not using it since I don't have inside parking for it...now that I have her all polished up.
Attached Thumbnails
undercoverscamp.jpg  
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #10

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
To protect your cover from sharp edges,etc,try movers' blankets.I see them available @ Harbor Freight.Also,try disposible baby diapers,as they can wrap around antennas,etc.
Now this story is true: I used to drive long haul truck,hauling oversized loads.I was scheduled to pick up a printing machine that would have to be tarped,so I stopped at a K Mart to buy diapers.While looking at the selections,a saleswoman asked "How big is the baby?",to which I replied "Eleven feet wide.twenty feet long,and 83,000 pounds".She said,"My,that's a big baby". This story is true,only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
ScampBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #11

Sarnia, Ontario
thanks for posting that picture Lil, I really appreciate it.

I've emailed that seller on ebay about 5x times and they don't/won't email/msg me back. I had asked about how well it fit a 13' trailer and if the door zipper was exactly where the door should be or if it was the whole side that zipped off or what.

anyways, I won't be buying from them if they can't even respond to a msg to help sell one of these. but I'd also like something that has more of a snug fit.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotsniff View Post
thanks for posting that picture Lil, I really appreciate it.

I've emailed that seller on ebay about 5x times and they don't/won't email/msg me back. I had asked about how well it fit a 13' trailer and if the door zipper was exactly where the door should be or if it was the whole side that zipped off or what.

anyways, I won't be buying from them if they can't even respond to a msg to help sell one of these. but I'd also like something that has more of a snug fit.
The one I bought for my UHaul (same cover sold as for Scamp) looks like it is designed to fit snugly on a more squared off trailer. The "shoulders" are sorta baggy, but I don't mind. The zippered "door" is pretty much right in the middle, about 5 feet wide, so it works for different models. I paid with a credit card and talked to the seller. I got the impression that English was a second language for him - so that might be part of the problem.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #13

Sarnia, Ontario
seems like its meant to fit many different trailers. really want something that fits snug and looks decent. don't want the neighbors to have to look at something that is flapping in the wind because is so loose and not to appealing.

i'll just keep looking. if we can't find one. i'll have to sew up my own.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Here's a lot of pictures on the eBay cover that Thomas G. posted. Bought mine last fall.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post276950
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #15

Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Alabama
Floyd, as you know, I have ordered a 13 foot Scamp which will be delivered next month. How has that cover worked out for you? I will have the AC unit and TV antenna as well...just checking my options before I order one. I will be storing it outside. Thanks H

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I read this today at about 3pm and ordered it right away. within an hour it had a UPS tracking number and it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday!
The price looks right and the description seems quality.
I will report further upon receipt.
Thanks for the connection!
Hman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #16

Alabama
Hi Tom...well, after a year plus...how is the cover holding up? I need to order one for my 13 ft Scamp...thanks H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post

Old 09-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #17

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Well - advance another year and mine is falling apart. The entire inner side is peeling/disintegrating and I live in Wisconsin - not even prime UV baking like the Southwest. Rips really easily also - I left a window cracked just a little and when removing the cover, it snagged the edge and tore a good 10" hole in the cover before I even realized it was hung up on something.

The 13' Scamp has turned into a great trailer so I think this next season I'll be moving to a Calmark and have one for the remaining time I own the trailer - be it 5 years or 20. Sunbrella fabric is amazing stuff - I had an old '76 sailboat and the sail cover was still going strong.
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #18

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
My cover did well the last two winters. This past one, I had to get out with the push broom to remove the late season megadumps of snow we received here in Minnesota to prevent any cave-ins. I also parked the Scamp in my paved driveway (since my garage is full of stuff so I can't park the car in it ) and the mice didn't wreak any havoc on the straps that go underneath. I put fabric softener sheets throughout and a container of Damp Rid to take care of any excess moisture that might accumulate.
I've had no problems with fabric deterioration, and there doesn't appear to be any damage from the cover rubbing on the fiberglass. I'll probably give LilScamper another coat of Red Maxx though before winter sets in since it's been sitting outside all summer. Then the cover will do its job this next winter. I'm still happy with my purchase.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman66 View Post
Hi Tom...well, after a year plus...how is the cover holding up? I need to order one for my 13 ft Scamp...thanks H
My eBay special is still like new. I did one mod which was to sew a snapping buckle across the bottom of the zipper. It came with a Velcro strap, but I sort of wore out the Velcro by frequently entering the camper through the zippered opening. If you don't go in and out, the Velcro would be fine.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #20

Alabama
Hey Tom...what is the make/company of your cover. It appears there may be some different ones now.

Tags
scamp