Cover for a Casita 17ft Spirit Deluxe - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2021, 01:04 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita 17ft SD 2003
Oregon
Cover for a Casita 17ft Spirit Deluxe

I am looking for an easy to install cover for my Casita Deluxe 17ft which has the roof air conditioner, the large fan cover and the rt side pull out canopy. I had a Calmark but found it very hard to put it over the trailer by myself. I had also purchased a cover from Cover Giant but it had the elastic in the bottom of the cover which also made it very hard to put over the trailer.

Can anyone recommend a cover for the Casita Spirit Deluxe that is light weight, easy to install for one person over the air conditioner and the rest of the trailer and does not have the elastic band in the bottom of the cover?

Thanks
Jack Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:06 PM   #2

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
Not sure one exists as you describe. I got 3 years use from the one from Casita. About as light weight as you may find. Just under $300. I found that using a T shaped broom helped get it over the a/c. It is not exactly a custom fit as the the zippers do not exactly line up with the door but close enough it works. It seems to be a generic with the Casita logo imprint on the front. I plan on buying another one like it but have just put it off. The Calmark I ordered was about 6 feet to long and they accepted it back.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:43 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
I bought the Castia cover from Casita. It installs easily for me. I used a ladder to move around the camper. Some suggested adding a rope to pull it over the top. I have the awning & AC unit also.
If I won the award for laziness, I would send somebody to pick it up for me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:26 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita - 2019 SD17
Idaho
Cover from Casita

I too, have the cover sold by Casita. It was under $300. I agree with a previous poster that the zipper opening for the door does not match up. I just unzip the forward zipper and throw the whole flap back for unhindered access. The cover from Casita comes with a nice storage bag.

I use the straps along with the sand bag provided with the cover to pull the cover up and over the trailer. The sand bag is attached to the strap and I toss the sand bag over the top of the trailer and pull the cover over using a long pole to clear obstacles on top of the trailer. I am on my 4th winter with my cover and it is still in excellent condition.

I am too old to safely be climbing on ladders by myself. Hence the pole. straps and sandbag.
Bob Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17ft SD 2003
Oregon
Thanks to the 3 responses to my question re: Casita trailer cover - I called Casita today and was told they do not sell the trailer cover anymore with no recommendations on where I can get one. I may just buy another Silver Tech from Cover Giant(I gave the 1st one I bought away several years ago) and cut off the elastic band at the bottom which will make it much easier to put over the top of the trailer. This cover does not have a zipper for the door though.
Jack Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #6

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Covering a Casita with a Calmark Cover

I also have a Calmark cover for my Casita 17’ Spirit Deluxe that the prior owner included when I purchased the Casita. The first time I put it on, it was a titanic struggle between me, the cover and my 6’ ladder.

Eventually, I settled on this method which allows me unaided to install the cover in about 20 minutes:
  1. lay the cover out flat on the ground with the outside up
  2. roll the long sides of the cover inward toward the center leaving about a 24” gap in the center
  3. roll the short sides of the cover inward; the back end of the cover should be rolled just past the “pocket” for the air conditioner and the front end should be rolled up to the roll from the back end
  4. place the ladder next to the street side of the Casita inbetween the air conditioner and the fantastic fantastic
  5. toss the cover over your shoulder with the “rolls” on you shoulder
  6. go up the ladder and toss the cover onto the top of the between the A/C and the fan
  7. reach out and roll the back end of the cover over the A/C so that it drops down the back of the Casita
  8. reach out and roll the front end of the cover; move the ladder if necessary
  9. reach up and “persuade” the cover to drop off the street side of the Casita toward the ground
  10. repeat step #9 for the curb side of the Casita; if you have an awning you might need to use the ladder to nudge the cover over the awning
If you have a helper, an alternate approach similar to Dick’s T shaped broom approach is to use about 8½' of ¾" pvc pipe topped with short sections of PVC to form a T. In this method you roll only one side of the cover inward. Then you use the PVC Ts to scoop & lift the roll up and over the top of the Casita. The PVC will bend slightly as you lift the cover allowing the cover to (sort of) lay on top of the Casita. At this point you get the roll to drop down and then you pull the PVC Ts back. For more info, see Rob & Linda’s entry on the CasitaForum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Installing CalMark Casita Cover.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	144215
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:02 AM   #7

Name: Gary
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Cover for 17' spirit deluxe

I have the original cover for my 2019, 17' Freedom deluxe purchased on delivery of the trailer. (April, 2019) Can't address ease of installation, as I've never even taken it out of the bag...just decided it wasn't something I really needed. If interested, let me know and I'll send contact information.
Good luck!
Gary Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita