Cover for Scamp 13? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #41

Name: Joyce
Trailer: CURRENTLY SHOPPING
Indiana
Casita Cover

I am considering the purchase of a cover for our casita but have qualms regarding potential mold from condensation in the midwest.. Anyone had that experience?
gramaw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #42

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
No company makes a cover for a Scamp. I did find a cover that will work, it is for a R-Pod trailer. I do not have a picture. In order to get a picture I would have to buy a cover put it on a 13ft trailer and take a picture. Then hope someone buys it.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #43

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramaw7 View Post
I am considering the purchase of a cover for our casita but have qualms regarding potential mold from condensation in the midwest.. Anyone had that experience?
You can shop around all you want, but my best advice is to contact Calmark about your concern and see what they say. Calmark is the best, if you want the best.

Plus Calmark has made plenty of Casita covers. Basically all you have to do is call them, tell them what you have, and go from there. Check it out here: Casita Trailer Cover & Scamp Trailer Cover with Sunbrella Fabric | Calmark Cover Company
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #44

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
No company makes a cover for a Scamp. I did find a cover that will work, it is for a R-Pod trailer. I do not have a picture. In order to get a picture I would have to buy a cover put it on a 13ft trailer and take a picture. Then hope someone buys it.
Chuck

I think started this thread. Following advice of others I ordered and used a Calmark cover this winter in Wisconsin outdoors.
Dsironi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #45

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I think today (1st day of Spring), finally the snow is off my Calmark cover. Woohoo!

It's been a crummy, cold, snow laden winter!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #46

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
To help members out I found on Ebay the following. Go to Ebay on the search line type in U-Haul CT13. It will display a picture of a cover on a trailer. I think it would fit any 13ft FG trailer. Price was $129.00 plus $18.00 shipping. They showed 8 in stock. The name on the cover said Elitemotoronline.com.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #47

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramaw7 View Post
Hi, I discussed my cover and specifically the moisture issue in posts 3 and 11. I just keep the window cracked slightly and the cover on...no problems. I'm still using my EBay purchased cover--2nd winter.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #48

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Oh! The beauty of being able to park it inside.
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #49

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
To help members out I found on Ebay the following. Go to Ebay on the search line type in U-Haul CT13. It will display a picture of a cover on a trailer. I think it would fit any 13ft FG trailer. Price was $129.00 plus $18.00 shipping. They showed 8 in stock. The name on the cover said Elitemotoronline.com.
Chuck

Sadly, ours is a 16-footer. Still, looks like an affordable option for folks with slightly smaller trailers. Has anyone given these a try? Thanks FTTRV!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #50

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
Sadly, ours is a 16-footer. Still, looks like an affordable option for folks with slightly smaller trailers. Has anyone given these a try? Thanks FTTRV!
I gave the Elitemotor cover a try. 10 months into the warranty it developed holes and the company would not respond to emails, voice mails, phone calls etc. Ebay said it was a warranty with the seller and they couldn't help. I learned my lesson. Maybe you'll have better luck with your purchase.

When I buy another cover, it will be from a store with a website / return policy, etc.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 AM   #51

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
I also bought one of those Elite Motors covers. Put it on in October or so. It's not high-quality, which I knew. One of the zippers has the fabric ripping away from the zipper portion already. I won't be surprised if it develops holes soon, but we'll see. Needed a cover for short term, until we figure out long term storage, so it works for what I want it for, but I wouldn't count on it for a long term solution. (REALLY long term we'll be rebuilding our garage eventually, and we'll put taller doors in then!)
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #52

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Figured I'd update this. Our Ebay cover has 2 holes now, and one of the zippers has failed. So less than 10 months for us before it started falling apart in the Wisconsin weather. We'll be ordering a Calmark for next year!
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #53

Name: Lee
Trailer: Scamp
Georgia
Registry
Covers for Scamps

Has any one ever thought of buying a car port to put their camper under. We already had a single car port next to the house garage and put an ad in the paper and sold it the next day. They came and took it down also. Then we ordered a double car port for both car and van, sold the van and our Scamp fits in perfect. I believe a single one cost $600 - $700. No problem with sun, hail or snow. When you retire your camper there is always room for another toy. Lee
Lee Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #54

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Check local bylaws.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #55

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Car ports / barns, etc work great when there aren't any HOA regulations, etc.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp