Covered just in time! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Covered just in time!

Just before Thanksgiving I got home from work with our first big snow storm announced. I hustled around and got the Calmark cover on (by the way, I love that cover!), just before we got plastered. We were pretty much cleaned up from that storm, and got hit with another doozy yesterday, very wet heavy snow and lots of rain.

Weather and holidays have sort of put a monkey wrench into the re-install of the wastewater tank. I need to make the port side inlet hole a bit bigger, but it's not easy to do when it's freezing, rainy and wet, or just plain snowy. My day will come!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #2

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
I remember when...

Hello, Frank, from the other end of the USofA!

How well I remember those upstate NY winters. Of course, as a kid, it was a magical wonderland. My Dad having to dig out the car so he could go to work -- not so much. My big brother & I would sit by the radio hoping upon hope that school would be closed after a big storm so we could spend the day sliding down our big hill on the toboggan or sled. In 1962, my Dad had had enough & moved us to Californey.

My brother still lives upstate, still loves the snow, & keeps his Casita in his heated garage next to his Harley. Matter of priorities, after all.
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
So Ev, where in upstate did you grow up? I grew up in Massena, about as far north in NY as you could get. Unfortunately, my dad was opposed to moving to sunny CA, not that I didn't bug him and mom enough. At first it was just because Disneyland was there. As I got older it was more hot rods and surfing music. Now we live south of Albany, kind of like the tropics compared to my hometown.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #4

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
[QUOTE=frank_a;495743]So Ev, where in upstate did you grow up? I grew up in Massena, about as far north in NY as you could get.

We lived in Whitesboro, a suburb of Utica (although I don't think the word "suburb" had been invented yet!). My brother's been living in St. Johnsville for about 40 yrs.; it's between Utica & Schenectady, population about 1,500. He gets a lot of use out of his Casita; his adult kids & grandchildren do, too. Lucky you, there's so much beautiful country to explore in your area!

Good luck with your current project; seems like we never run out of things to fix or modify.
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
covered

Boy do I remember those days....
I grew up in a very small town about 30 miles east of Binghamton ...town is called Deposit N.Y on rt 17
Went to college at SUNY Morrisville....fond memories of jumping into snow drifts from 3rd floor windows (Not sure, but Beer have been the catalyst....Just don't tell my sons)
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #6

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
We're at 70 to 80 degrees in South Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote