Custom fit tarp/cover for Trillium 1300 on ebay. Anyone have one? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #1

Name: Shane
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Custom fit tarp/cover for Trillium 1300 on ebay. Anyone have one?

Hi everyone.

My wife wants to put a tarp over our Trillium 1300 when not in use. We live on Vancouver Island so in the fall and winter our climate is pretty wet. Also, I'm parked near a tree that drops sap on the front 1/3 of the trailer. I don't have enough room to park it in my garage.

A friend used to tarp their aluminum RV trailer using a blue tarp but that caused some paint rub damage so I'd rather not buy one of those.

I saw a custom fit Trillium 1300 cover/tarp for sale on ebay for $129.99 US. The seller is elitemotoronline.

Has anyone purchased and used one of these? If so, would you recommend it as a good buy?

Features:

- Thick, triple-ply waterproof fabric top keeps out rain and snow while venting inside water vapor and condensation
- Excellent for indoor and outdoor use especially in high moisture climates area
- Fabric UV Treated for heat and sun protection and Breathable to avoid mildew and mold
- Cover protects against rain, snow, UV rays, dirt, nicks and scratches
- Double Stitched Seams Durability
- Zippered side panel allows access to the camper door
- Soft, Abrasion-Resistant polypropylene fabric side panels
- Elastic hems and grommets with reinforced corners with straps and buckles for a snug fit and security
- Free Storage Pouch Included
- Two year warranty

Link to item (Buy it Now...not auction style):

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Deluxe-Trill...wAAOxyY7FRC2E9
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:44 AM   #2

Name: Yin
Alberta
I have the exact same problem after parking the egg until a tree last winter.

Thinking of ordering this one from amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1
yingenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:57 PM   #3

Name: Chris
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Shane..

These types of covers are good, and you are wise not to put the blue plastic tarp tarp over it..
Just a thought - given exchange rates and freight, you might want to take a few minutes and compare this price with one of your local RV dealers here in BC ;-)
Old 06-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Shane, we have the same type cover (elitemotoronline Deluxe) that we purchased on ebay on our Boler 1700, thus a different size cover than the one you are considering. The fit is relatively loose, but it has elastic along the bottom as well as snugging straps so that the cover can be (and is) snugged up to the body.

We bought the cover to keep on our Boler 17 until we get the camper completely water tight. We have had it on the camper for almost 2 years. It has held up well. No tears yet. Before we put the cover on, we covered all sharp edges with duct tape and soft cloth.

So to summarize, we bought the cover with the idea that we wanted it to last until we had completely sealed the camper. Its been on almost 2 years and we are not done yet. We are pleased that the cover has held up this long. When we bought the cover we didn't expect it would last more than 1 to 2 years, so it appears it will meet or exceed our expectations.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #5

Name: Pete
Trailer: "Currently Shopping"
Washington
Happy Friday......I bought one last year for our Scamp 13 and it fit really well and has held up over this last season. No rips or tears even in windy conditions. We have A/C and awning and I think it was a great investment. Pete
pieidpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
I am no judge. As an alternative, search the web for portable garage tent. While not terribly attractive, they will shelter a trailer without making contact. I would think they would offer ventilation and deal better with moisture.

Depending on where they are placed, the appearance may not matter.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #7

Name: Shane
British Columbia
I'd prefer one of those myself but my wife doesn't like the look of them. She's insisting on a trailer cover.

I wish my garage was higher so I could just wheel the trailer inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
I am no judge. As an alternative, search the web for portable garage tent. While not terribly attractive, they will shelter a trailer without making contact. I would think they would offer ventilation and deal better with moisture.

Depending on where they are placed, the appearance may not matter.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #8

Michigan
Registry
Newfie, I just roll my Trillium 4500 into my garage. The door opening is 7 feet. To do this:

1. put on 8 inch 5 on 4 1/2 wheels with tires
2. remove the vent cover
3. unplug garage door opener, then wedge the door above top of door frame
4. tilt trailer tongue down close to the ground (I rest the tongue on a floor jack)
5. roll it in

Steps 3 through 5 take about ten minutes to move the camper in or out.

The 8 inch 5 on 4 1/2 wheel fits over a 7" brake drum.

-John

EDIT: Don't forget to remove the wedge before plugging in the garage door opener! Ask me how I know this.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #9

Michigan
Registry
Here are the tires/wheels I use: Greenball Towmaster 4.80-8 6-Ply Bias Trailer Tire and Wheel Assembly, 5-on-4.5 Bolt Pattern

Tags
trillium