Damp Rid and the "Pink stuff" - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #21

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
The lavender damp rid will cover that smell.
Have never heard of a lavender kind. I haven't used Damprid since I moved to the dry, desert side of the mountains. There is very little humidity here. I used to like to travel over here and camp for a bit to get my trailer thoroughly dried out after an Oregon Coast excursion.

Went to the local Walmart this morning and bought the only jug of pink stuff they had. That's all I will need.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #22

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Last winter I followed the Scamp guidance that their web site offered. It was similar to the video provided In this thread with one exception (that I remember). I did start by pouring a couple gallons of RV antifreeze into the fresh water tank. I then moved the pink stuff around using the pump. I also filled the traps and used the shower drain pump.

The difference was I used the hot water faucet to get the antifreeze to go through the pump for the hot water heater. That did put some antifreeze into the hot water tank. Scamp doesn’t provide a hot water heater by pass line. It worked fine as far as I know. Is this a bad approach? Why did they remove that step in the most recent Video?
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote