dump hose connector... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
On the Boler 1700, the hose that came with the trailer is desperately in need of replacement and the first time I used it, I broke off one of the little tabs on the hose adapter... So before this next trip, I'm going to buy a new hose and adapter... But I remember seeing, at some RV dealer, an adapter to go from some old brand of connector to some standard connector and don't know if I need that or not...

So, is there a different hose-end adapter for the old Boler 1700 than I'm likely to find at Canadian Tire or is it all standard off the shelf?
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It may just be that these things were designed to fit TIGHT, for good reason, and they are persnickity about being reefed on.

I managed to break the tabs of my brand new cap the first time out.. if you don't shove them on all the way, and get the straight, they do that.

I found a two dollar solution at camping world (The link is for another place, more 'spensive..)

Sewer hose wrench thingy

Think oil filter wrench.. sort of.. same theory. Very easy to use, even for old arthritic wrist me.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Yes, but like oil filters, some of this stuf comes in sizes (oil filter wrenches come in sizes or adjustable), both the trailer end and the CG sewer end (dump station is just a hole, so that's easy), and shapes, right angles, straight angles and tapered 'donut' seals.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-toil...fittings-ez.htm

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...-10107/TID-0820

http://reserveamerica.campingworld.com/bro...34&src=ctcs
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
On the Boler 1700, the hose that came with the trailer is desperately in need of replacement and the first time I used it, I broke off one of the little tabs on the hose adapter... So before this next trip, I'm going to buy a new hose and adapter... But I remember seeing, at some RV dealer, an adapter to go from some old brand of connector to some standard connector and don't know if I need that or not...

So, is there a different hose-end adapter for the old Boler 1700 than I'm likely to find at Canadian Tire or is it all standard off the shelf?
Hi Herb! Most of us who have messed-about with these projects have learned it's helpful to shop (if possible) with the broken part as a sample. There are so many adaptors, fittings, couplers, and gizmos that all claim to do the same job it can make your head hurt.
"Hello - I need one of these . Please. Thank You!!!!!!!!"

Hoses: Sewer drain hoses are all the same diameter. Don't buy the cheapest or the most exspensive; it's mostley a matter of your style of camping: Always hookups or mostly boondocking? Get the best that fits the budget. It is best to get new hose clamps while you are at it. Many of us put two clamps on each fitting. Don't try to imagine what it's like to have the hose come apart at the dump station. UGLEEeeeeeee

You are off to a good start! Your questions are right on target. Good luck.

Bill
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote