Fab product for interior walls, tables, moulds...parts? Explore with me? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-15-2020, 10:34 AM   #1

Name: Gigi
Trailer: 1972 Lovebug 1970 Eriba Puck 1991 Mallard Sprinter Class C
Minnesota & Arizona
Fab product for interior walls, tables, moulds...parts? Explore with me?

Greetings!

I use resin in my art as a pour onto wood, laminate, canvas, furniture, etc. using added paint, inks, materials.

Here's an example of a resin pour:
Artist Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:27 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Very cool! Do your trailers have any of these touches?
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #3

Minnesota & Arizona
Hi, David
Thank you. I think our fiberglass campers land themselves beautifully to these products and techniques.

I have done many techniques in custom countertops, walls, art, and furniture over fiberglass, laminate, painted walls, raw wood, wood, canvas, etc. The preparation is key in these differenti surfaces. It's not difficult at all.

The Lovebug will get replacement doors on the upper cabinet over the sink. I think the doors will be clear with something "floating" in the clear resin. It may be flowers or herbs, paint (I am a landscape artist)...something that works with the fabric Ill choose ifor the upholstery. And, I'll do the closet door as well. I don't like clutter so it will be in a monochromatic color palette.I

As I compete in plein aire events, I am thinking of giving the Lovebug a fresh gelcoat and for each event using tempera painted (washable) to painted the exterior according to the local. It would be great fun doing this and then wash it off.

I'll make a video when I start my doors to post here. I've a big home project to do before I can start these.

Do you have something in mind for your camper?

Thanks for joining me.

Ria
Old 05-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #4

Minnesota & Arizona
Doors to look as this

Old 05-18-2020, 08:40 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I don’t have any plans for mine, but am looking forward to seeing what you do to yours. I think the clear doors with flowers embedded in them would look great.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #6

Name: Barb
Trailer: Escape 19
Newfoundland
The chemicals in epoxy resin are very toxic, styrene or similar - possible carcinogens, so I hope you are using good ventilation and a respirator. If the product you are using claims that it is "non-toxic" that's because after it has cured, it's non-toxic. But in liquid state it is very toxic. Check the MSDS for the product you are using. If you want any more information, contact Monona Rossol at -
https://artscraftstheatersafety.org/bio.html
Barb Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb Hunt View Post
The chemicals in epoxy resin are very toxic, styrene or similar - possible carcinogens, so I hope you are using good ventilation and a respirator. If the product you are using claims that it is "non-toxic" that's because after it has cured, it's non-toxic. But in liquid state it is very toxic. Check the MSDS for the product you are using. If you want any more information, contact Monona Rossol at -
https://artscraftstheatersafety.org/bio.html

Definitely following this
I’m curious about your door project
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote