Fan-Tastic Vent company is -- fantastic! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #1

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Fan-Tastic Vent company is -- fantastic!

Last fall, we began redoing our 1973 amerigo FG-16.

A month ago we finally got to the Fan-Tastic Vent, and it didn't work.

Paul called the company and they sent us a new switch and reverse switch--for FREE.

The package arrived quickly, and he installed the switches but nothing happened.

We fretted and worried and he wired and re-wired, we discovered our converter wasn't charging the batteries so he switched that out. Didn't help.
Then last Friday afternoon, I found advice on FGRV to call them up and ask for a tech on the phone.

Monday AM Paul called. The tech sent us an e-mail PDF wiring diagram--very simple. Paul checked it all and lo and behold, the fuse was kaput..

They're sending us a brand new fuse box for free.

If you ever wondered about the Fan-Tastic Vent fans and company, we want to let you know they treated us very well. Their product is simple and they expect it to last. They didn't pause when we said it was over seven years old. "It should work!"

Fan-Tastic Vent phone: 1-800-521-0298 8 AM - 5 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Great news. The motor support on my Max fan broke and I have been leaning toward a Fantastic fan to replace it. Years ago people raved about Fantastic Vents customer service. I read they had been bought and the new owners had changed some of the policies. Sounds like they are back to doing business the way they used to. Thanks for the post. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Great news. The motor support on my Max fan broke and I have been leaning toward a Fantastic fan to replace it. Years ago people raved about Fantastic Vents customer service. I read they had been bought and the new owners had changed some of the policies. Sounds like they are back to doing business the way they used to. Thanks for the post. Raz

Most welcome.

When Paul was finished with the phone call, the tech asked if she could help him with anything else. He said, "You can help me get my wife's mouth closed, she's so surprised...and so am I."

I'm still surprised at how helpful they were. And so glad we have a working fan now!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Don't reverse direction on the fan until it comes to a complete stop or it will take out the fuse. I found that out one day when I was being very impatient.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #5

Name: dust in
Trailer: Boler Trailer
British Columbia
Fantastic Fan

I have contemplated purchasing one for my Boler because I have heard they are reliable and have options. In the end after much thought I decided to give a couple computer fans a go....Not to take the steam out ta this article but for the fun of it it all worked out rather well. Once I got it all running (a learning curve in detail) they really work well, even hooked them to a dimmer switch, although not perfect and a little on the noisy side they sure blow that air. Ah another note, after a little bit of searching I found that there is a fan , called the Silent Wing 2 , 80mm that fits in the original vent of the Boler which is silent , 14.5 db and 26/44.3 cfi. about half of what I installed. Not bad in my opinion for DIY situation. Price is $45 per. Any way thankyou for the space here to add the alternative.
dust-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Don't reverse direction on the fan until it comes to a complete stop or it will take out the fuse. I found that out one day when I was being very impatient.

That's very good advice, easy to follow, easy to overlook if you don't know about it. That may be what blew the fuse in the first place! Thanks!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-in View Post
I have contemplated purchasing one for my Boler because I have heard they are reliable and have options. In the end after much thought I decided to give a couple computer fans a go....Not to take the steam out ta this article but for the fun of it it all worked out rather well. Once I got it all running (a learning curve in detail) they really work well, even hooked them to a dimmer switch, although not perfect and a little on the noisy side they sure blow that air. Ah another note, after a little bit of searching I found that there is a fan , called the Silent Wing 2 , 80mm that fits in the original vent of the Boler which is silent , 14.5 db and 26/44.3 cfi. about half of what I installed. Not bad in my opinion for DIY situation. Price is $45 per. Any way thankyou for the space here to add the alternative.

Hi, your courtesy is appreciated and so is your input.

The Fan-Tastic Vent costs about $200 and up uninstalled, so your $45 per is much cheaper.

Lots of us are great DIY-ers. Your solution sounds like a good DIY.

It's highly unlikely Paul would convert computer fans...he's great at a lot of things, but that doesn't sound like it's in his pay grade or at his patience level. So when we need another one, we'll go with Fan-Tastic Vent again.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

BEST!