fiberglass repair - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2003, 07:59 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
fiberglass repair

:wave

Thomas and Janifer, your right the journey of a thousand mile begin with the first step. I'll get them developed. I like your fiberglass. It comes in yellow:jester :jester :jester

Frank, thank you, I didn't know about drilling the holes. Thank you for you advice.
How is your project coming? :) :)

Michael, I am glad your canoe was all right.:lol

Thank you all, for the advice, it is all so helpful.:r

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #22

yellow

You like yellow, too? yeah!! did you here that Morgan? two for yellow. count 'um,
Thank you for bring out all this fiberglass repair stuff. I got some big holes to repair when I move my ref.

Old 01-16-2003, 08:35 PM   #23

fiberglass repair

:wave :wave

Yes I like yellow. I like sunshine and :) ;) :lol :reye2 faces. You can find your camper in a campground. I have been to Scamp Camps and you have to remember your site number. Most have different tow vehicles.

I think it is great that people share their fiberglass experiences and knowledge with all of us. It is a big help.

Keep smiling:lol :reyes :reye2

Old 01-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #24

:wave :shg hi i m knew to all of this we just bought a 74 boler this summer going to fix her up next summer i was wondering if gel coat is clear or does it comes in colors.iguess i m gettin a few chuckles at this, thank you phyllis

Old 01-20-2003, 04:51 PM   #25

clear or not

good question, phyllis
I never even thought to ask. I need to know that too.
Congrats on your *new* Boler.

Old 01-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Orginally posted by PHYLLIS

:wave :shg hi i m knew to all of this we just bought a 74 boler this summer going to fix her up next summer i was wondering if gel coat is clear or does it comes in colors.iguess i m gettin a few chuckles at this, thank you phyllis
Hi Phyllis
Welcome to this forum.I have a big boler and even I can,t answere that. Super good question.I will also wait for the answere:wave

Old 01-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #27

Colors

Gel coat is applied and comes in colors.

You can get various color gel coat patch kits at your local boat store ... or online at web boat stores.

You can mix and blend the gel coat colors, to match, if need be.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:05 PM   #28

Gel Coat

Gel Coat is clear resin then pigment is added to make it any color. You can buy it with the basic colors added already. Only problem is there are so many shades of each color. You have to check the material purchased to see if it matches. If not you can add additional pigment to get a match.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:41 AM   #29

fiberglass repair

:wave

I ordered the West Marine Catalog online. It came in short order. There is about 90 pages of this 1000+ page catalog that is maintenance. There are paints, epoxys, calkings, gelcoats, putties, books, and all the stuff we need and didn't even know it. There maybe other sources that we don't know of yet. It is a good thing I have time before I start fiberglassing. Still so much to learn, so little time. :conf

Old 01-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #30

Good going!

Good going Pat! Reading up on all the stuff at West Marine is a little like studying ... but a whole lot more fun!

We are all better off if we think about our little fiberglass wonders as being closer to boats than traditional stick-built RVs.

Another plus to "thinking boats" is traditionally, everything for boats is compact or multi-purpose due to similar space limitations.