Fiberglass shell v bonded sandwich construction - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I can tell you from experience that the holes in the pontoons in the Escape work. I added a under sink water filter & didn't quite get the fitting tight enough. I noticed a slow drip I thought was coming from the street water connection, but on closer examination, was coming from the drain hole. Found the leak & fixed it. While it may help with condensation, the leak was the only time I've seen any water coming out of them.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #42

Name: Cliff
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ View Post
Donna - I agree completely. But sadly, not everyone is so diligent or knowledgeable in regards maintenance and prevention - it is interesting to see how manufacturers deal with the possibility of poor maintenance - essentially trying to protect us from ourselves...and reduce warranty claims of course .
How’s the wall attached to floor? Seems I missed that. Really think water will seep out between sill plate and floor, not with out some gaps left purposely. After seeing this video I could not be less impressed. Do they leave the edge of the floor exposed to “breath”? Don’t see that as a good idea. Wonder how long that 12lb slide mechanism will last. Watched a guy using his truck and a piece of firewood to push his slide out back in this past summer, don’t remember brand but was surprised that being a smaller trailer it even had a pop out. By the way he liked our 5.0 TA and I gave him the nickel tour. 🙂
Cliff Hotchkiss is offline   Reply With Quote