Flooring - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
bruce, scott
Do you guys have any pictures of the Allure installed?
I think I want to use it beacause of the light weight, easy install, and water resistance.
mines going in by the weekend i think but theres pics on here of it i thinkk...not sure really.......Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #22

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We have a Casita 17 SD. Installed the least expensive laminate from Home Depot.

Installed over the original carpet. Easy to install, cheap less the thirty dollars worth of material.
Attached Thumbnails
169A3115_copy.jpg   169A3117_copy_copy.jpg  

169A3118_copy.jpg  
Leehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #23

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul
The Laminate floor looks great.
I'm concerned with the thickness of it at the door opening on the UHaul.
The inner panel on the door hangs low and it may not clear the laminte flooring.
Gary P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Hi Gary,

The laminate is 5/16th thickness. Another suggestion is to use linoleum. It is thinner and works just as well as the wood for wear and easy of cleaning the trailer.
Hope this helps.
Leehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #25

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
<div align="left">Anyone have any expierences with Having that snap together laminate Flooring Like for a house?

I was thinking of installing it but a friend of mine said that it might flex to much and fail.

he suggested vinyl flooring that looks like wood

[/quote]
I ripped the nasty old carpet out of my 13' Scamp and put down faux hardwood. I love it. It was just too easy to put it in too! I bought 2 packs of what Lowes had on sale at the time and sunk around $50 in the project, and had plenty to work with. I don't know what you're friend was referring to about flex, unless they were thinking you were going to replace the solid floor. No...just lay the flooring on the floor and thats it.

I can't understand why anyone would want to put carpet in something that may be used where there's nothing but sand or dirt. Now all I have to do is shake out the little throw rug and a few sweeps with the broom and my floor is CLEAN!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #26

Trailer: Boler 1984
We just did a small downstairs washroom using Alure. Of course I ran short and needed just two more pieces. I went back to Home Depot and asked whether they had a "Broken "package and the staff GAVE me two pieces as SAMPLES. Can't thank them enough.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Cool

Quote:
Hi Karen,

The campgrounds here are excellent. Check the BC Parks page for more information

As lydia mentioned the BC Ferries website explains all the fee structures. One thing to note is that 7' is considered overheight on the ferries and it's an extra 1/3 if you are over that. My Trillium is 7'2 so with that and 2 adults 2 kids and being 30 feet long we are around $150 each way on the ferry.
Yes, I am from the Island originally, but now live in Edmonton, Alberta. Last summer we took our Boler over for a ten day trip to visit relatives and friends on the Island. The ferry cost depends on when you go. We were able to get mid week prices of about $90 for my wife and I with the Boler (30 foot overall length with our 97 Aerostar tow vehicle) but we had to return on a weekend with an extra child (long story) and it was $152. So, if you have flexibility you can often get a better price.

Also, the campgrounds are generally nice, although we only stayed in a couple because we mostly stayed with relatives or friends on their lands. I really liked the campground on the Island highway at Nanoose Bay, and also one at downtown Ucluelet, on the west coast of the Island. I would highly recommend the five mile or so hike around the Ucluelet coast on the Wild Pacific Trail, passing by the graveyard of the Pacific. Fantastic scenery, and free. Have fun.

Rick G.
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #28

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
bruce, scott
Do you guys have any pictures of the Allure installed?
I think I want to use it beacause of the light weight, easy install, and water resistance.

I'll put pics up later if i can figure out how...the floor looks great and was easy to install I guess....my son did it and he makes the uneven corners and measurements on the uhaul look easy.(theyre not straight everywhere because its an inner molding I think)..anyhow ill try for the pics later...Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote