FWD Tow Vehicle?: Thanks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2002, 06:43 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
FWD Tow Vehicle?: Thanks

Many thanks to all who gave me advice on my question re: FWD tow vehicle. I am going to get that older model Cadillac El Dorado we always wanted and a WDH. That will be Nan's "around town" car and our "on the road" car with the 16' egg behind it. We'll both be very happy.

Thanks,

Jack & Nan Thomas

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:11 AM   #2

Hey, Jack!

:sporty Be sure to post a picture to the Rigs thread, when you get it! :lol2

Old 11-10-2002, 09:41 AM   #3

wow

a Cadillac El Dorado and a fiberglass trailer. :yep wow again. you will be the envy of the neighborhood. White?

I had an El Dorado once. but it was a motorhome. they kept trying to tag it as a Cadillac. silly people :o

Old 11-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Jack Thomas

Many thanks to all who gave me advice on my question re: FWD tow vehicle. I am going to get that older model Cadillac El Dorado we always wanted and a WDH. That will be Nan's "around town" car and our "on the road" car with the 16' egg behind it. We'll both be very happy.

Thanks,

Jack & Nan Thomas
Good plan, Jack.

I have an EAZ-lift 750 you can have cheap if you want to drive to Phoenix. We can tip a beer. :cheers

Old 11-10-2002, 07:59 PM   #5

WDH

Morgan:

Perhaps you've checked into the shipping, but:

Recently, I sold a class II reciever hitch to a fellow in Arkansas. It was bulky and heavy, like your WDH. I wrapped it up in a big piece of scrap cardboard, used lots of tape, and UPS shipped it for about $10.

I've noticed you've had this WDH quite a while and wondered if this info would help you and a buyer get together?!:chin

Old 11-10-2002, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Orginally posted by PineConeDon

Morgan:

Perhaps you've checked into the shipping, but:

Recently, I sold a class II reciever hitch to a fellow in Arkansas. It was bulky and heavy, like your WDH. I wrapped it up in a big piece of scrap cardboard, used lots of tape, and UPS shipped it for about $10.

I've noticed you've had this WDH quite a while and wondered if this info would help you and a buyer get together?!:chin
I haven't actually been trying to sell it. It just sits in my storage bin out of the way. Too much trouble and too heavy for me to pack and ship. If someone wants to pick it up, I'd sell it though. I had noticed that Jack lives near the London Bridge.

Old 11-12-2002, 06:10 AM   #7

EAZ-lift 750

Morgan--

Thanks for the offer. It will be awhile before we get that Caddy. We're specifically searching for a '91 creampuff and they don't come up every day. Then when we get it I'll have to have my hitch guy determine if he can put that on there. Will let you know when everything gets all sorted out.

One just sold on ebay for only $3200 and it was nearby--San Diego. But we were at the Grand Canyon with friends from Mass. and couldn't go for it.

And it was WHITE!

Old 11-12-2002, 08:29 AM   #8

91 Creampuff

Ohhhh!:weep in white?:weep
well it probly didn't have a motor or something, so you didn't want it anyway.:)
have you looked on line? there are 20+ search places. well at least there were for trailers, so there are probly 50+ for cars.

Old 11-12-2002, 10:28 AM   #9

Janifer wrote:

<<have you looked on line? there are 20+ search places. well at least there were for trailers, so there are probly 50+ for cars.>>

That's the only place I can find any for sale; don't have many (like none) listed here in little Lake Havasu City. Have found several, but just not the right one, which we can wait for. But that one in San Diego would have been ideal, a real creampuff and close enough to go get it.:cry

Old 11-12-2002, 03:42 PM   #10

Caddy and it's white

Found this one, I love looken for stuff. couldn't find a price though.
it's in Las Vegas- bunch in Las Vegas.
I know you've. probly already looked there,
I just had to try just once. yah, I know wrong year.
oh well I'll quite now.

<a href="http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=111996367&dealer_id=1395403&m ake=CAD&distance=200&" target="_blank">http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail...stance=200&
max_price=&model=ELDO&advcd_on=n&end_year=1992&min _price
=&certified=n&address=86403&search_type=used&advan ced=n&sta
rt_year=1990&color=&car_year=1992://http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...p;car_year=1992</a>