Has any tryed "Shine On"? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #1

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Has any tryed "Shine On"?

I just came across this product and was curious if anyone has tried it? We are using Meguirs Restoring System and it seems to do the trick but it is seriously labour intensive!! This Shine On is expensive, I can order a sample (and may) but am curious if anyone has had any successes or failures with it? it says it never peels, which is huge for us!

shineonbc.ca/about-shine-on/

Thanks!
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #2

British Columbia
Tried...not tryed...whoops!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
No and will not loose my time and money! Too much satisfied and happy with Red Max Pro!!!!:-)
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Clap Clap Shine On Clap Clap Shine Off
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #5

British Columbia
I have considered Red Maxx/ Zep in Canada, but am still deciding, the peeling concerns me. We have pretty drastic weather sometimes and the Boler may end up outside once it is finished. We are also the type of people that if a product is going to not work, it will probably be us who it ends up not working for! Have you had any issues with peeling or discoloration?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #6

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Red Max Pro 3 Life

We coated ours about 6 months ago and have towed it about 4000 miles. I have not seen any discoloration that I notice.

I have noticed that the top leading edges, at the roof line, there has been some spots of Red Max that came off. I don't know if this is due to not fully removing the wax that was under the Red Max. It is clear that the trailer needs to be really clean before application and I know next time I'll do a better job.

Our trailer is now 21 years old and people always think it's brand new (we've given about 40 tours since we left NH). Even other Scamp and Casita owners think so. It provides a great looking finish.

I will say I probably would have waxed the Scamp 2 or 3 times by now without REd Max. Now I just wait for morning condensation and wipe it down.

One person's results...

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #7

British Columbia
Thanks for the additional info. All of the constant waxing is more work than I want to put in, which is why I want to try something longer lasting & more durable. We have Meguiars right now so will use it up before trying anything new.

I have followed the Red Maxx Pro thread with a lot of interest. I think we will give it a try before trying the Shine On since it seems no one has even tried it!! It is prohibitively expensive or I would give it a try and relay my experience.

Thanks for helping us decide