Has anyone installed a Lagun Table system in a Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Has anyone installed a Lagun Table system in a Trillium

I have a 1975 Trillium (13ft) with a front bunkbed and I am thinking about mounting an adjustable table to the base of the bunkbed/front storage area..

The product looks like this https://www.rv-table-mount.com/

I am thinking of installing it on the base of the bunkbed, door side, between the storage space door and the the person door..

I would appreciate any thoughts, comments or suggestions folks may have regarding this potential installation..
Old 12-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
IDK about in a Trillium specifically but there are posts in this forum of installs in Scamps, etc with info which will be helpful. With a unique term such as "Lagun" they will be easy to find with Google. You can limit the search to this forum with "site:fiberglassrv.com"
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #3

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
I just installed one in my Bigfoot B19. I didn't want to have to put the dinette up and down every day when I was really the only one there. So dinette is now a permanent bed. I mounted mine on the divider wall, to the left as you come in the door. I needed an off-set to allow the arm to swing, since it can't clear the full height wall.

Here are some pictures of my install (sorry for the last one - 90 degrees off for some reason!). Not sure exactly what your layout looks like in there, since i've never been in a Trillium, but I do like the Lagun. Gives me lots of space, a decent sized table when I need it and easy to dis-mount and put away if I don't need it at all. I plan to put a slightly larger table top (maybe 20"x30") on it over the winter - this old TV table ("16"x24") is a test run for size and base placement. I will be cutting the table top into 2 or 3 sections length-wise, and mount them using "butler tray" hinges so I can fold the side pieces up onto the middle section when not in use.

Be aware that you need to be able to access the end of the mounting bolts for the lock nuts. I had to add another off-set block to the mount, since I can't swing the whole thing over a bench or a short wall, like most folks would be, and the hinge end of the arm wouldn't quite clear the surface.
Attached Thumbnails
table mount.jpg   table.jpg  

IMG_3755.jpg   IMG_3765.jpg  

Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #4

Trailer: 78 Trillium 13 ft / 2003 F150
Lagun Table Hardware Mounting

Hello Chris,

I installed a Lagun table mount between the two cupboard door under the Trillium front gaucho. I used 10 long screws through the fiberglass with fender washers on the back side to distribute the stress. The screws through the Lagun bracket have nuts and washers behind the plywood and more nuts and washers behind the fiberglass of the gaucho. The hardware behind the plywood fits in the little indentation in the fiberglass that is between the two cupboard doors. The 1/4" mounting plywood that came with the table mount was trimmed to fit between the cupboard doors. I took off the old door latches and replaced them with sash window catches.... Photos show the setup.... The old doors need cosmetic work....I am thinking about building all new doors for the Trill...

I find the table works great as one can move it around to use as kitchen
counter space or to eat on. The only problem with it so far is that one needs to warn guests that the table cannot be used to help get out of the seat...things tend to go flying when that happens.

Hope this helps...

Uncle Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Lagun Mount.jpg   Lagun Mount 2.jpg  

Larry C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #5

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Thats a pretyy slick looking setup. Doesn't look like it would be hard to mount at all as long as you have something solid to mount it to.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:13 PM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
....Doesn't look like it would be hard to mount at all as long as you have something solid to mount it to.
More important words have never been spoken.. at least regarding the Lagun table mount. Thats why it was a main point in the posts I made about installing the Lagun in my Scamp (google for the post).
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #7

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Here are two threads from my two different installs:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...unt-83058.html

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...dom-93462.html

The Lagun works very well. I suggest reinforcing with L-brackets as shown in the second post. I did the first one also, but didn't have photos.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #8

Name: Chris
British Columbia
Thanks everyone for your replies.. I know what I'm gonna be asking Santa for ;-) I'll send some pics when I get it installed..
Old 12-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #9

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
On a Trillium, I prefer the center gaucho installation above. Closer to the kitchen and away from the doorway. Winner.

I would probably put 3/4 plywood inside as reinforcement.

I've also thought of installing one on the side of the kitchen cabinet, above the refrigerator. Plenty of room inside the cabinet for reinforcement. But I have the factory flip up side counter there.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:16 PM   #10

Name: Jon
Wisconsin
I am also interested in installing a Lagun table in our Trillium with the gaucho bunk bed layout. Thanks for all the helpful information!!
Jon in Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in Wisconsin View Post
I am also interested in installing a Lagun table in our Trillium with the gaucho bunk bed layout. Thanks for all the helpful information!!

I’m considering doing this in my “ little joe”
Which is along the idea of a hunter
Or compact
So always looking for pictures
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium