Having trouble with Casita parts department - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 07:01 AM   #21

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Has LHC made a public announcement they are closing the installation/repair part of the business? Just want to be certain.

This is terrible news.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:19 AM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Has LHC made a public announcement they are closing the installation/repair part of the business? Just want to be certain.

This is terrible news.
Yes they announced their retirement and the closure of the mod shop several months ago . If you go to the Casita Forum you can read the actual announcement .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #23

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Another vote for LHC

Just replaced all the roof rivets on my Casita. I use LHC they are the best!
mandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Aluminum tape instead of rivet caps.

I am a bit of a bubba, but when one of those little plastic rivet caps deteriorates or falls off, I just stick a little patch of aluminum tape over the rivet and hit it with a spot of paint that matches the Casita color. It's easy to do, seals watertight, and they are invisible unless you get real close. Been doing that for several years and lots of miles and have never had a leak. I picked up matching paint at the local Hobby Lobby.
Yvimij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_ivy View Post
I am a bit of a bubba, but when one of those little plastic rivet caps deteriorates or falls off, I just stick a little patch of aluminum tape over the rivet and hit it with a spot of paint that matches the Casita color. It's easy to do, seals watertight, and they are invisible unless you get real close. Been doing that for several years and lots of miles and have never had a leak. I picked up matching paint at the local Hobby Lobby.
My experience with alum tape is that it is in no way a waterproofing item. As I understand it, the snap caps are 99% cosmetic and in fact were not used at all in the early years. The tape and paint sounds like a reasonable cosmetic option but I seriously doubt it helps to make the original rivet any more leak proof.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Actually it does make it more leak proof than the snap caps

Actually, the tape is more waterproof than the snap caps were. It has been over 3 years that I first applied the tape. I have been through some horrendous downpours without a single leak. Even spent a week or so with several inches of snow on the roof. If it were going to leak, it would have done so by now.

I'm not talking about "duct tape". This tape a thin sheet of aluminum with a very sticky adhesive on one side. The roll I have (enough to last a lifetime) is from 3M.

Before I discovered the tape, I was replacing rivets and snap caps. It was a hassle and I still had leaks from some of the rivets where the fore and aft cabinets are fastened to the roof. I intended the aluminum tape to be just a stop gap until I had time to get some help and do it right. But I haven't had any problems at all since applying the tape. Still have a couple of bags of rivets and snap caps around here somewhere. Even if I need to replace a rivet, I will use the tape to cover it instead of the snap caps.
Yvimij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Having Trouble With Casita Parts Department

Two months ago I ordered a small, almost insignificant part from Casita's parts department. Thanks to Tyler, it arrived within a few days, as my orders always have. It cost next to nothing, too, as Casita's prices are very reasonable, and always have been.

BTW, when the person I wish to talk to is not available when I call, that person always calls back within a reasonable period of time.

With one exception, it makes no sense to me to do business with anyone else. And that exception is Little House Customs.

Cloudmaster Don
Cloud master Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:25 AM   #28

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Neilson View Post
Two months ago I ordered a small, almost insignificant part from Casita's parts department. Thanks to Tyler, it arrived within a few days, as my orders always have. It cost next to nothing, too, as Casita's prices are very reasonable, and always have been.

BTW, when the person I wish to talk to is not available when I call, that person always calls back within a reasonable period of time.

With one exception, it makes no sense to me to do business with anyone else. And that exception is Little House Customs.

Cloudmaster Don
My experience also.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, vin