Heard of K-Line trailer? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #21

Trailer: K Line (Trails West Camper clone)
Quote:
Hi again Charles

From memory I believe the trailer is located in Winnipeg Beach. I live just outside of the city of Winnipeg. The Winnipeg Beach area is north of Winnipeg on Hwy #9, about 45 mins north. If you are coming from TransCanada Hwy you would just take the north bypass (101) until you see the turnoff for Hwy 9 north. Hwy 9 and 8 both take you right to the Lake Winnipeg beaches where the town of Winnipeg Beach is. Easy drive but slow at times. Stop in the town of Wpg Beach and order pizza at the Italian place! Awesome food. Gimli is a nice bigger town just about 10 mins past there.

If you need any trailer supplies there are lots - Metro Trailer, Princess Auto are both in the North East side of the city of Wpg and so you wouldn't have to navigate downtown. Although coming from Ontario you will laugh at what we call a highway! If you have any other q's email me privately. Be happy to help. I am happy to have provided a referral. We picked up an old stick trailer for now but still hunting for the right fiberglass!

SherLyn

Hello SherLynn,

Thank you for posting the kijiji ad about the K-Line. I had made the deal just this past long weekend after communicating with many emails to the owner. I had finally called her up on the weekend to make the deal.

I have been looking at a trailer for the past year. My wife's family every year rents a cottage outside of Kingston area for a week and we tent it out there while the main family stays in the cottage. Well it was time to get on drier ground.

I started looking at the small teardrop trailers on the net but when I saw one up close and how claustrophobic the sleeping area was I had to look bigger. The plan first was to have a utility trailer and then be able to convert it to a sleeper for the summer. When I started pricing them, the Fiberglass RVs were starting to be more attractive. The teardrops have there place like the Fiberglass RVs.

Well I stumbled on a Trails West Campster in Kingston and at first didn't know anything about them. This forum helped me so much on the research and didn't realize how few of them were in the Ontario area.

A fellow Forum member in Kitchener allowed me to take a look at his Campster and helped me to see what to look for in such a unique trailer. That's when the search was expanded to include the Compact JR and the Hunter. The big thing for me was to have a trailer that I can store in my garage and be able to work on it in the winter. Large bed and have a lot of storage where also a plus.

The search continued and was offered a few from the forum. Floyd from Illinois has a Compact JR and was very informative about them since he does many rehabs of Fiberglass RVs. Check him out on the forum he has many different types that he is working on.

As for the K-line that I will be picking up the roof is different and I'm going to research to see if that is original or an afterthought. I am preparing my list of things to bring and the list is getting bigger. Also knowing the Princess Auto is there will be a great help. The owner is actually going to bring the trailer down to Winnipeg to save me from going up to Winnipeg Beach. I am looking forward to meeting her and spending some time getting to know the trailer before we venture back to Hamilton.

Our plan is to head back via the Northern Ontario route and stopping overnight at different locales, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste Marie, Manitoulin Island the back to Hamilton.

I will be keeping everyone updated on my trip back hopefully all goes well.

Charles
Charles Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Hello Bobby and Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be the new proud owner of this wonderful trailer when I pick it up next week. I was able to get some photos from the current owner of the top up to give an idea of what it looks like.

Once I get it home, I will get a better idea and photos. I intend of finding more information on the top and weather or not it is original or not. Best thing is for me to check the tag by the rear door of the trailer and see what the model number mark is. The other k-line on this thread that Donna D had linked to was a mark 1. Perhaps this is a mark 2. Also I will be confirming the year of production.

I can't wait to pick her up. The trek back will be a long one and I am preparing the list of what to bring with me. Any help from fellow FGRV'ers who have done a long trek to pick up a trailer are more than welcome.

I'll keep you posted.

Well I'm back and we had no problems bringing the K-line home. So as I promised here are some more pictures of the roof top in the up position. Basically the inside height with the down is 5' 3". However when the roof is up you get 7' 5" at the peak. The slope of the roof ends off just halfway from the dinette table.

The roof is held up with two lifts at the peak and also two hatch type cylinders on the sides. The roof top is also the width of the trailer which gives you additional storage. The storage is above the kitchenette and also above the cabinets. During our trip, I pretty much stored our knapsacks and food stuff in the above storage. I don't know what the load max would be but you could probably put a bunk up there but it is pretty high up there.

I think the pictures will give you a better I idea.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1041__Small_.JPG   IMG_4817__Small_.JPG  

IMG_4821__Small_.JPG   IMG_4810__Small_.JPG  

IMG_4811__Small_.JPG   IMG_4813__Small_.JPG  

IMG_4825__Small_.JPG  
Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Neato - I like it!

Glad you got her home okay, and thanks so much for posting the photos. I wonder how many were made?

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Neato - I like it!

Glad you got her home okay, and thanks so much for posting the photos. I wonder how many were made?

Raya

Thanks Raya. I haven't had time to do the investigation on the year and make. I'm still skeptical that it is a 1987. However the ownership did say 1987. As for the roof design, that might take a while to figure out if it was original or a modified by the first owner. The lady that I purchased the K-line from said that the original owner was an older couple but didn't know much about the history.

The company no longer exists but perhaps someone else has a K-line that can share their history.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #25

Name: Suzan
Trailer: 1968 Scamper, K Line Mark 1
Alberta
I believe that the K Line mfg co. Operated out of Red Deer between 1969 and 1971 .....so, not many of these were made.��
Suzan LaLiberte is offline   Reply With Quote