Heard of K-Line trailer? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just came across this ad, does anyone know anything about this line of trailers? It looks like its molded with a pop up roof, but I don't recognize it. Called K-Line.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...QAdIdZ152494311
SherLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
It has come up at least once before as another Compact clone. Not very common, apparently!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's one discussion, came in from a new member-owner:
K-Line Trailer, with pictures and everything!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Looks like the pop-top roof section in this new one for sale sprouted some side wings (whereas the one in the thread Donna linked to has a roof like the Campster, that does not extend all the way from side-to-side. The outer sections don't match the curve of the roof... wonder if someone added something? Or maybe just a different mold.

On the other hand, the "hole" in the roof looks the normal width from the inside, if you peer up into it from the kitchen photo...

Interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	klineroof2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	23107

Name:	klineroof1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	23106

Name:	klineroof3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	23108
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Here's one discussion, came in from a new member-owner:
K-Line Trailer, with pictures and everything!
Interesting.... another variation. This K-Line has a full width pop top. Would like to see how that works. Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
It does look awfully similar to the many Hunter sibling variations, though the age is way too young, don't you think?
And I agree, the poptop looks much wider than the usual Hunter sibs...
Still, wouldn't be a big surprise, it seems that Hunter sent their shells all over the country! hehe Would love to hear more about it...

Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #7

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Two guesses on the roof... either they replaced the pop-up with a cover from something bigger (pop-up van, maybe) or they widened it and put a child's bunk up there? You'd think the latter would have been mentioned, though. Too bad there is no picture of it raised.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #8

Thanks good info. If I get a chance to look, will let you know what I find out. It's too small for us, we need to have at least another bunk for child, I need a side door so we can bring bikes, and I really prefer a fridge. But it looks very intriguing, maybe I can persuade my inlaws to buy it for their travels.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
SherLyn: we have a compact Junior and when we take our bicycles, I am so glad we have a straight access via the back door. Don't let the back door be a deciding factor until you have tried it.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #10

Trailer: K Line (Trails West Camper clone)
Quote:
Two guesses on the roof... either they replaced the pop-up with a cover from something bigger (pop-up van, maybe) or they widened it and put a child's bunk up there? You'd think the latter would have been mentioned, though. Too bad there is no picture of it raised.

Hello Bobby and Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be the new proud owner of this wonderful trailer when I pick it up next week. I was able to get some photos from the current owner of the top up to give an idea of what it looks like.

Once I get it home, I will get a better idea and photos. I intend of finding more information on the top and weather or not it is original or not. Best thing is for me to check the tag by the rear door of the trailer and see what the model number mark is. The other k-line on this thread that Donna D had linked to was a mark 1. Perhaps this is a mark 2. Also I will be confirming the year of production.

I can't wait to pick her up. The trek back will be a long one and I am preparing the list of what to bring with me. Any help from fellow FGRV'ers who have done a long trek to pick up a trailer are more than welcome.

I'll keep you posted.

Attached Thumbnails
k_line_top2__Small_.JPG   k_line_top3__Small_.JPG  

k_line_top_up_inside__Small_.JPG   k_line_top_inside_closed__Small_.JPG  

Charles Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #11

Aha! It opens like a VW bus camper top (or a Miti-Lite top). Neato!

Congratulations!

There have been two or three really good threads lately on what to bring when one picks up a new trailer "a fur piece" away, so if you search them you'll get some good lists of tools and things to think about.

One was Vickie's recent thread about her Perris Pacer; one was Lizbeth's thread about a Bigfoot 5th, and the third was from when Bryan L was thinking about buying a trailer far away.

I think I posted in all three of them, if you want to add that as a search parameter (I don't have time to search right now as I'm on the way out the door, or I would try to post links for you).

Again, congrats and have a great trip

I drove 3500 miles and crossed the Canadian border to find my Boler and bring it home

Raya
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #12

I'm so glad it worked out for you! That's a long way to drive!

SherLYn

Quote:
Hello Bobby and Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be the new proud owner of this wonderful trailer when I pick it up next week. I was able to get some photos from the current owner of the top up to give an idea of what it looks like.

Once I get it home, I will get a better idea and photos. I intend of finding more information on the top and weather or not it is original or not. Best thing is for me to check the tag by the rear door of the trailer and see what the model number mark is. The other k-line on this thread that Donna D had linked to was a mark 1. Perhaps this is a mark 2. Also I will be confirming the year of production.

I can't wait to pick her up. The trek back will be a long one and I am preparing the list of what to bring with me. Any help from fellow FGRV'ers who have done a long trek to pick up a trailer are more than welcome.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #13

Quote:
I'm so glad it worked out for you! That's a long way to drive!

SherLYn

As a newbie, this will be an adventure and I'm learning a lot from the forum. The forum has given me a lot of insight when I was researching on the type of trailer to look for. Good luck on your search.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #14

Charles,

I just noticed you're going to Winnipeg - that's where I picked up my Boler

Just in case you need it, there is a great hitch shop on the west side of town. I can't remember the name but it's west of the outer beltway loop, just about at the Westernmost "equator" of the beltway. I think the name was pretty straightforward, like "So-and-so's hitch shop" or something like that.

I couldn't find a 4-prong-flat car hookup to 7-prong-trailer adapter anywhere there (Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, etc.) and a woman working at Canadian Tire tuned me in to the hitch shop. She let me use the phone at CT (my cell doesn't work in Canada) to call them, I let them know what I needed, and they made one up for me and had it waiting when I arrived a half hour later ($17 Canadian). Nice folks

Raya
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Charles,

I just noticed you're going to Winnipeg - that's where I picked up my Boler

Just in case you need it, there is a great hitch shop on the west side of town. I can't remember the name but it's west of the outer beltway loop, just about at the Westernmost "equator" of the beltway. I think the name was pretty straightforward, like "So-and-so's hitch shop" or something like that.

I couldn't find a 4-prong-flat car hookup to 7-prong-trailer adapter anywhere there (Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, etc.) and a woman working at Canadian Tire tuned me in to the hitch shop. She let me use the phone at CT (my cell doesn't work in Canada) to call them, I let them know what I needed, and they made one up for me and had it waiting when I arrived a half hour later ($17 Canadian). Nice folks

Raya
Hey Raya,

Thanks for the heads up. I know right now that I will be bringing magnetic lights with me. The trailer has a six prong connector and was thinking of brining the adapter ahead of time. If it doesn't work, I can always use the magnetic lights.

So you did the long trek to Winnipeg. I will have to check out the links that you gave me to read up about the adventure some of the members had.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #16

Yep - I just couldn't find any eggs locally (mid-Atlantic US area), so I finally took a different tack, decided which week I would travel to look/buy, and then shopped to see where I could go to get a look at two or three candidates.

I was looking for a Trillium, really. I scheduled a look at an Eriba Puck along the route in Indiana (neat but a bit small for me and too much of a project), then continued on to Winnipeg where I was pretty sure I was going to buy a particular Trillium. I did have a Boler as a third option, and as it happened they had about five minutes in the early morning where I could stop by and take a look before they went to work.

So I zipped in there - it wasn't even completely light outside yet - and saw a little green-and-white Boler in their back driveway, behind a chain-link fence. It had that cute appeal of a dog at the pound looking out from the cage and saying "take me home" with its big brown eyes. I looked for five minutes, said I'd call them later, and then they rushed off to work and I went to look at the Trillium.

Well, the Trillium just wasn't the right one for me (not that there was anything horribly wrong with it, but it was at a premium price, so my expectations were higher), so I called the Boler folks back, wanting to take another look (and needing to get on the road back home). They couldn't make it back to meet me until that evening after work, which was going to put a big cramp in my schedule; but it also meant I had all day to look around for the adapter and relax.

I went back about 6:30 p.m. (yes, of course it was getting dark...), and looked at the Boler again. It was original, and nice and clean and dry. They'd owned it for 18 years! Sitting behind it, and looking mammoth, was a new Scamp 16 they'd recently picked up. After a bit of hemming and hawing about the paperwork (I hadn't realized that in Canada they don't have "titles," as we know them, but instead have "ownership" - long story but it all worked out in the end), I hitched up, got everything squared away the way I like it, and headed down the road with a "new," 35 year old trailer behind me.

I took it slowly, stopped a few times to check things over, and then only went to just a short way over the border back into Minnesota before stopping for the night. Next morning dawned sunny and W-I-N-D-Y--- and I was on my way! The trailer towed like a dream, and was amazingly "slippery" in the winds; no buffeting at all. I was pleasantly surprised.

Had a fine drive all the way home, even getting up to 65 mph without any issues after I settled in and got used to it. Not much traffic to speak of until I was in Pennsylvania and the mountains, by which time I was used to having the li'l guy back there.

I hope you have a great time picking up your K-line! Can't wait to see more of your unusual find.

Raya
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #17

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Hi Raya, I don't remember hearing about an eriba puck for sale. Is it still there?
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #18

Hi again Charles

From memory I believe the trailer is located in Winnipeg Beach. I live just outside of the city of Winnipeg. The Winnipeg Beach area is north of Winnipeg on Hwy #9, about 45 mins north. If you are coming from TransCanada Hwy you would just take the north bypass (101) until you see the turnoff for Hwy 9 north. Hwy 9 and 8 both take you right to the Lake Winnipeg beaches where the town of Winnipeg Beach is. Easy drive but slow at times. Stop in the town of Wpg Beach and order pizza at the Italian place! Awesome food. Gimli is a nice bigger town just about 10 mins past there.

If you need any trailer supplies there are lots - Metro Trailer, Princess Auto are both in the North East side of the city of Wpg and so you wouldn't have to navigate downtown. Although coming from Ontario you will laugh at what we call a highway! If you have any other q's email me privately. Be happy to help. I am happy to have provided a referral. We picked up an old stick trailer for now but still hunting for the right fiberglass!

SherLyn
Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #19

Don,

I don't know if the Puck is still there; it was October of 2008 when I looked at it, so almost a year ago. It wasn't listed here (not a molded fiberglass unit). Coincidentally, I just erased the seller's contact info from my phone last week (was bored and waiting for a friend at the airport so "cleaned out" my contacts list).

I may have found it on www.thesamba.com, but I can't remember for sure. It was in a rural area in Indiana, just at the eastern border of the state on the same highway that goes East/West through Indianapolis (not looking at a map right now).

Raya
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #20

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Quote:
Don,

I don't know if the Puck is still there; it was October of 2008 when I looked at it, so almost a year ago. It wasn't listed here (not a molded fiberglass unit). Coincidentally, I just erased the seller's contact info from my phone last week (was bored and waiting for a friend at the airport so "cleaned out" my contacts list).

I may have found it on www.thesamba.com, but I can't remember for sure. It was in a rural area in Indiana, just at the eastern border of the state on the same highway that goes East/West through Indianapolis (not looking at a map right now).

Raya

Oh, long time ago. Thanks Raya
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote