Height of Scamp 16 with roof AC? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #1

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Height of Scamp 16 with roof AC?

Have a new Scamp ordered, considering getting a metal carport/RV cover for it. Generally one can specify the side wall height of these covers. I'm wondering if anyone knows the actual height of the Scamp 16, including the AC. My garage is old and the door is less than 7 ft, so my old 13ft Scamp wouldn't even fit, neither will my truck with it's cap.

Wondering what height building I need to price out. It will sit in front of my garage, so I don't want something too tall that will look ridiculous. I'm thinking 8 ft side walls should be plenty. Hope to be able to park both the truck and Scamp side by side. Thoughts? Your experience?
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
My comment? Donna D had a carport built for her Scamp. Then she bought an Escape 5.0 TA fifth wheel. It's too tall for her carport.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #3

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Yeah, I've thought of that, but like I said, my existing garage is not very tall, and I don't want the carport to be towering over it.

I'm limited on where to put it if not in the actual driveway. The only time I could conceive of buying ANOTHER trailer would be if I decide to full-time, in that case, I would probably be selling the house anyway.

Another thought: if, per chance, I did find myself in that situation, I believe it would be possible to just buy some new legs for the carport and raise it up. Not sure if this is an option, but they are pretty modular in their design/construction.

Thanks for the input, it definitely is a consideration.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Why not contact scamp
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
One point, the most common "carports" are taller at the center than at the top of the sidewall consider this as well...

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #6

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Scamp replied to same query with 9' for clearance.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
The Scamp Specs show a 16 ft DLX Overall height to be 7 ft 10 in.
If that is not with the roof A/C, add about 10" for low profile model.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #8

Name: amy
Trailer: scamp 13
ME
I have a 8' garage opening and my 13 with AC doesn't fit so I'm pretty sure your 16 wont fit either unless you park it in the middle where it's raised.

If AC is off it'll go in no problem
amy in maine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp