Here is a repair person in Chilliwack, BC - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2016, 02:26 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Here is a repair person in Chilliwack, BC

Beachcomber/Trillium/Boler Renos/Customizing
Listening to you all tell your stories about these trailers being molded and not Stickies then take a look at this trailer being restore, it is full of wood? can someone please explain.
Maybe he welds frames, repairs Axles etc. best thing it to email him or give him a phone call.
By the way this is a referral.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:40 AM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
We of course cannot control how someone else advertises. The pictures are all of a sticky rebuild, I think he's using the title "Beachcomber/Trillium/Boler Renos/ Customizing" as a hook. But looking at the items he says he can repair/rebuild, it may well be worth someone in need of any of those items to contact him.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #3

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA/ 2016 Ram V6 Eco Diesel
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
We of course cannot control how someone else advertises. The pictures are all of a sticky rebuild, I think he's using the title "Beachcomber/Trillium/Boler Renos/ Customizing" as a hook. But looking at the items he says he can repair/rebuild, it may well be worth someone in need of any of those items to contact him.
Hi: Donna D... My take on the pictures on his advert are that he is rebuilding a Trillium Jubilee, bigfoot, or some rare square fiberglass trailer. They require a lot of wood reinforcing to support the flat panels. I have never done this kind of work... but seen it done by others. Paul Neumister had to do some fine restructuring to his rare square Boler roof.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
Pauls 1650.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:58 AM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
That's entirely possible Alf. Since you mentioned it, I just looked at the pictures again and this one looks like the square boler with the small offset window.
Attached Thumbnails
01515_cxrzkJZyRZg_600x450.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #5

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Thanks Donna D and Alf, I never knew there was a square Boler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Donna D... My take on the pictures on his advert are that he is rebuilding a Trillium Jubilee, bigfoot, or some rare square fiberglass trailer. They require a lot of wood reinforcing to support the flat panels. I have never done this kind of work... but seen it done by others. Paul Neumister had to do some fine restructuring to his rare square Boler roof.
: those square ones must be pretty rare as this is my first. There's thousands of the others kicking around Canada and the USA.
I just remembered there people on line here looking for frame repairs and he might do that to.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #6

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA/ 2016 Ram V6 Eco Diesel
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: those square ones must be pretty rare as this is my first. There's thousands of the others kicking around Canada and the USA.
I just remembered there people on line here looking for frame repairs and he might do that to.
Stude
Hi: stude...To my knowledge, Boler built a total of 48 square 1650 trailers. We had two of them at Bolerama in Ontario one year. The molds were very similar to the Amerigo molded fiberglass trailer. Here's a pic of the other one.
Attached Thumbnails
another rare square Boler1650.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #7

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Looks to me as he is turning a fiberglass trailer into a sticky! LOL

Pretty sure the trailer he is redoing did not come from the factory with that amount of wood framing or that type of insulation.

Looks to me that it may be a Beachcomber or Surfside he is rebuilding - which are fairly common in the part of the country he is located. As others have suggested some brands of fiberglass trailers do use "some" wood on the inside - around windows and some wall framing etc - not Boler or Scamps though. But what is in the photos is way more wood than I have ever seen inside any fiberglass trailer.

If not mistaken the older Bigfoot 17' (as well as the larger Bigfoots) actually use a foam board type insulation (stuck to the fiberglass?) and not fiberglass batting as in the photos and certainly not all framed in with wood as in his photos.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #8

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Looks to me as he is turning a fiberglass trailer into a sticky! LOL

Pretty sure the trailer he is redoing did not come from the factory with that amount of wood framing or that type of insulation.

If not mistaken the older Bigfoot 17' (as well as the larger Bigfoots) actually use a foam board type insulation (stuck to the fiberglass?) and not fiberglass batting as in the photos and certainly not all framed in with wood as in his photos.
Yes, the Bigfoots get their strength from the fiberglass, foam board, and wood paneling that are glued together to make a sort of "sandwich" . There is a little fiberglass batting in the curved portions. The fiberglass itself is very thin. There might be some structural wood framing around the entry door but none in the walls.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote