Hubcaps in Canada - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-02-2017, 06:21 AM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Hubcaps in Canada

I'm looking for a new set of moons. I was about to pull the trigger on a set from Hubcap Mike (Mooney Hubcaps - 13 inch Moonie Hub Caps) that have been recommended but the shipping kills. $35USD to ship four with UPS. Which means even more charges at the door from UPS.

Does anyone have a source for top quality stainless caps in Canada or know of cheaper shipping?

If a few people in the GTA or Southern Ontario would like to split shipping costs that could work as well. I'm also moving to Halifax next month and could bring some to NS as well.

ChrisDunbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 16ft
Astoria Oregon
Hubcaps in Canada

Did you try your local Auto Parts store?

stevesiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:56 PM   #3

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
good one Steve.....

could this be the new "normal" these days???....so used to shopping online that one forgets to check the store down the street??? wouldn't surprise me...but I'm still in the opposite camp.....I'll look and ask all over for the solution to a particular problem/query...then it hits me to just google it...DUH!....last example was how in heck does one change a headlight on an older Dodge Dakota....LOL...even got a video to watch/follow no less.
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDunbar View Post
I'm looking for a new set of moons. I was about to pull the trigger on a set from Hubcap Mike (Mooney Hubcaps - 13 inch Moonie Hub Caps) that have been recommended but the shipping kills. $35USD to ship four with UPS. Which means even more charges at the door from UPS.

Does anyone have a source for top quality stainless caps in Canada or know of cheaper shipping?

If a few people in the GTA or Southern Ontario would like to split shipping costs that could work as well. I'm also moving to Halifax next month and could bring some to NS as well.
Chris
Have you point blank asked Mooney Hubcaps to send the caps USPS. The post office frequently ignores the collection of duties for smaller items. And there are no outrageous fees as when the Brown Boys or Fed Ex crowd arrive at your door looking for Handling and Brokerage fees...which are just a 'rip' !
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #5

Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead_mike View Post
Chris
Have you point blank asked Mooney Hubcaps to send the caps USPS. The post office frequently ignores the collection of duties for smaller items. And there are no outrageous fees as when the Brown Boys or Fed Ex crowd arrive at your door looking for Handling and Brokerage fees...which are just a 'rip' !
Not yet. Shipping would still be pricey. I'd like to see if I can split the shipping with other folks. I've asked other companies in the past to ship USPS. Usually without issue.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #6

Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
could this be the new "normal" these days???....so used to shopping online that one forgets to check the store down the street??? wouldn't surprise me...but I'm still in the opposite camp.....I'll look and ask all over for the solution to a particular problem/query...then it hits me to just google it...DUH!....last example was how in heck does one change a headlight on an older Dodge Dakota....LOL...even got a video to watch/follow no less.
No one has "forgotten" the store down the street. I don't have store down the street. Living in downtown Toronto is a curse. Driving to the suburban auto parts store in hopes they have quality baby moons is a lesson in frustration. I'd rather let the postman sit in traffic all day instead of me. That is....if I can source something for reasonable cost.