Isolation entertainment - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2020, 10:12 AM   #1

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Isolation entertainment

While self isolated I have taken up a new hobby.
I have used search tempest to locate Scamp ads on Craigslist that are obvious scams. pictures with the contact information and price in them, obvious low ball prices etc.
I then flag each and every one.
As I work my way across the US I see the same pictures, wording etc in many locations. I just saw an ad for a 13' Scamp that sleeps 6 with a separate master bedroom!
Help out and let's run these scammers out of the picture.
Just for fun look up Casita's, Kubota and john Deere tractors, etc as well.
After just a little looking the bogus ads stand out like a flashing strobe light in the dark.
Have fun!
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:15 PM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I kind of like this, in that it's "active".

I'm sure there are plenty of examples out there, but I hope that a lot of us who are so lucky in that our worst issue right now is inconvenience and boredom, take this time to do something productive. Just think - no meetings, no travel, no events or conferences. Just time on your hands in your house.

Work on hobbies, brainstorm new ideas, finally got to work on projects, write music, do all the inspirational things you keep putting off because they take mental energy or you're too busy.

At least for a significant part of this time in isolation, avoid passive entertainment. Or at least as I've found, I feel a lot better about watching a movie every couple days if I've been doing something productive in the meantime.

Think of some the great ideas that are going to come out this isolation.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Isolating myself and my wife, as well as the Country shutting down, has lead to my trailer getting better and better! It is now in amazing shape with no small details to put off till later. That thing is ready to roll! Oh, but nowhere to go.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:23 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Airstream trailers are another popular scam ad.

I did pick the perfect time to move my 1200 sq ft workshop. I’ve “found” a lot of stuff I forgot I had. Only problem is I have a lot to donate, and most donation places are closed and others you can’t really isolate.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote