Jalousie Window Pane Repair - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

Name: Suzie
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Jalousie Window Pane Repair

Hi all,
I'm currently slogging through a complete restoration of a '79 Boler. I have replaced a few parts but I am very keen on hanging on to some of the original pieces that are functional. I've taken apart my dinette Jalousie windows, cleaned them up and have been putting them back together. Now that I'm looking at them with a keen eye for leak potentials, I found 3 broken tabs. When I put the complete unit together, I have a cm sized hole along the side of the frames. It's difficult to see what part is broken when together so I pulled it apart to show what's missing.

I've attached four photos. The first shows the frame with this broken aluminum tab and the second shows what it should be. The third is the hole that appears when the unit it together and the fourth is what it should be.

Does anyone have any ideas for a material to use for a repair? I have very few talents but I can youtube like a pro and I have access to a wide selection of tools. I'm also open to just plugging it in an ugly way

Any help would be super appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8545.jpg   IMG_8546.jpg  

IMG_8548.jpg   IMG_8549.jpg  

msaurzlioew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:17 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
I can't figure out what part is broken, missing, or mis-aligned. Could you attach a couple of photos of the outside of the window?
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
looks like someone tried to pry open the window with w screwdriver and broke off a chunk of aluminium where the window frames overlap to keep the water running down the window instead of running in. You either need someone good with a tig welder. A propane torch and aluminium brazing rod or really creative with JB Weld which may or may not be a workable solution.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzoma...4491/203710179
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #4

Name: Suzie
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Thank you Steve! I appreciate the link. That will be my final task. I'll let you know how it goes.
msaurzlioew is offline   Reply With Quote