Kudos for the Scamp factory - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: 1997 16' Scamp
Michigan
Kudos for the Scamp factory

Hi all,
We live in a time when civility has all but disappeared and profit is the major if not only consideration. I got a call from Scamp Tues morning that put a smile on my face and is deserving of praise.
We own a 97 vintage 16' Scamp. Seven yrs ago I did a bit of repair at the front of the trailer and decided that the bunk beds were no longer needed and the couch alone was fine. I've now decided that I want the bunks back. I found the support bars but no hinges or the locating rings. I put an order into scamp. I'm 73 and attend a regular evening training class from 6:30 to 8:00 on Mon. I was home by 9PM. Our son stopped by and visited until 10:30. I was whipped but pushed through with the order to Scamp at about 11PM. I ordered the bunk bed parts plus a couple of incidentals. I completed the order, hit send and promptly had a brain fart. I somehow came up with the idea that the hinges and locating rings were sold as singles as they were listed as "1" on the order. I kicked myself and proceeded to put in a second order for the "hinge" and "ring", knowing I would pay shipping a second time. After having done this I took time to READ the hardware description and realized my mistake. I dismissed the entire episode to one of my many failures that could easily be absorbed financially, gave up and went to bed. The next morning I get a call from Scamp. Do I really need 2 sets of hinges and rings or would I like to cancel the second order? How often does a company call you and ask if you really want to give them an additional $30 dollars for something that you may not really need? Thanks to Scamp for taking the time and making me aware that civility, values and principle are still alive and well!
varmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1986 Scamp 16
Pennsylvania
They have always been awesome to work with, each time I have ordered parts from them.
Forward Look is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:09 AM   #3
MJo

Name: Mary Jo
Trailer: 2020 Scamp w/2004 Volvo XC-70
Massachusetts
Cusps to Scamp

I have emailed them and, being a novice @ RV’ing, asked a zillion dumb questions needing extreme detailed answers, the service Dept came through every time. I know I’m a pest but they never act like I am. It seems there isn’t a dumb question they won’t answer, in detail. So I agree with you.
(Durn iPhone ‘corrected’ kudos to Cusps)
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 5th wheel
MB
We have a 2016 19ft. The 1st year we had it we had trouble with the fridge (Dometic's fault, not Scamp's). The service dealer at home took forever to try and fix it, could not fix it and was extremely unhelpful getting it fixed. And Dometic was no better. I called Scamp and after explaining the situation they replaced the fridge without hesitation. It was a 6hr drive for me so they did while I waited. I cannot say enough about their service. Every dealing I've had with them from buying the trailer to and serving and questions I've had they have been outstanding. I would not hesitate to buy another one from them
Mike255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #5

Name: BigT
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
We Change Our Minds

Not surprised you changed your mind. Glad the Scamp company helped out. We foolishly bought a stick and aluminum siding piece of junk because it looked retro. Problems from the get go. We changed our minds and a back with a Boler. All the best.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #6

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmint View Post
Hi all,
We live in a time when civility has all but disappeared and profit is the major if not only consideration. I got a call from Scamp Tues morning that put a smile on my face and is deserving of praise.
We own a 97 vintage 16' Scamp. Seven yrs ago I did a bit of repair at the front of the trailer and decided that the bunk beds were no longer needed and the couch alone was fine. I've now decided that I want the bunks back. I found the support bars but no hinges or the locating rings. I put an order into scamp. I'm 73 and attend a regular evening training class from 6:30 to 8:00 on Mon. I was home by 9PM. Our son stopped by and visited until 10:30. I was whipped but pushed through with the order to Scamp at about 11PM. I ordered the bunk bed parts plus a couple of incidentals. I completed the order, hit send and promptly had a brain fart. I somehow came up with the idea that the hinges and locating rings were sold as singles as they were listed as "1" on the order. I kicked myself and proceeded to put in a second order for the "hinge" and "ring", knowing I would pay shipping a second time. After having done this I took time to READ the hardware description and realized my mistake. I dismissed the entire episode to one of my many failures that could easily be absorbed financially, gave up and went to bed. The next morning I get a call from Scamp. Do I really need 2 sets of hinges and rings or would I like to cancel the second order? How often does a company call you and ask if you really want to give them an additional $30 dollars for something that you may not really need? Thanks to Scamp for taking the time and making me aware that civility, values and principle are still alive and well!
That is unheard of today. At least some places are still good.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #7

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Dealing with the folks at Scamp Parts Department has always been a pleasure!!!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:38 AM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Thumbs up

On our way home from the 50th Boler celebrations in Winnipeg, we stopped in to Scamp headquarters. We are always looking for replacement windows that don't slide, like awnings or jalousie, plus would like to have the big back window open in some way. The guys there saw that we weren't hauling a Scamp, came out to check out "the competition", encouraged us to walk thru their field where all of the ready-to-go-to-their-new-owner trailers and spent close to an hour going thru the windows in stock in their warehouse to see if they could find anything that might serve our purpose.

Yes, Scamp provided us with excellent customer service, despite not being a Scamp owner. Impressive!!!!

P.S. no windows.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:23 AM   #9

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Minnesota nice!!
That's how most small businesses roll up here.... I used to run one
fishinjimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:00 PM   #10

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
That was very nice of them, that's the kind of people I love to do business with
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #11

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
I have found that Scamp's customer service is second to none.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
There is a fairly new person in the parts department. She has been very helpful to me on a couple of occasions and always shipped parts promptly. I have nothing but good things to say about the Scamp parts department recently.
BruceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:03 PM   #13

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
I wish we had a parts department Mike Meyers can tell you, UHALL you know, make or re build as you can
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:53 PM   #14

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
In September I had the axle replaced in Backus after making an appointment. Everything worked out well and they have been very helpful. It has always been a pleasure to deal with them, both the parts department and the sales office, even though I bought my 2004 as used in 2013. It is a four day return trip from Denver, but we made into a longer one and saw some great places and people along the way.

Also, I did not want to chase after a local trailer repair shop that might be willing and able to do the work. Most probably never even heard of Scamp.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp