Location of 7-pin junction box on Casita SD 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #1

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Casita SD 16
Maine
Location of 7-pin junction box on Casita SD 16

I have been experiencing an intermittent outage of my taillight/side lights on our Casita SD 16. I had previously repaired the 7-pin cable with butt connector and shrink sleeves. Apparently, the green connection has failed within the bundle.

I would like to replace the entire cord but I can not locate the junction box on the trailer. Our SD has a front mounted air conditioner located under the closet. I find no access under the trailer or in the closet. I haven't taken the AC out yet but seems I may find it there.

Can someone please tell me where I can find the location of the junction box?

Thanks
macbethdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:02 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Casita has never installed a junction box for the incoming 7-Pin cord. There's just a "rats nest" of excess wiring and lot of Scotch-Lock wire connectors bunched up in the front closet where they made all the cord connections to the trailer's wiring. For those unfortunate enough to have the front closet A/C unit, it's all but impossible to get to without removing the A/C unit. Sorry.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:10 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
If you have room, you might want to replace it with one of these: Cable & Junction Box. They are available in different cable lengths, and quality connectors.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
... For those unfortunate enough to have the front closet A/C unit, it's all but impossible to get to without removing the A/C unit. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
If you have room, you might want to replace it with one of these: Cable & Junction Box. They are available in different cable lengths, and quality connectors.
Sounds to me like the thing to do is to remove the A/C, extend the wires using good quality butt splice connectors, run the extended wiring to someplace where you can mount a junction box and always get access to it after the A/C is reinstalled. A box inside is best if everything can reach but a weather proof box on the tongue can work also. That way you can replace the cord easy enough in the future.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita