Manual for Predom Prespol - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #1

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
After a couple of months of waiting, I finally got an English copy of the owner's manual for the Predom Prespol N126. How do I get this posted on the site? I couldn't find a webmaster or "contact us" button. You can tell I'm a newby at this.

Jennifer
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
some photos would be nice too. I've never even heard of your model.
and I'm sure Donna will be in touch when she gets a minute to help you out Jennifer.

don't forget interior shots as well.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
If I am not mistaken.. her trailer is more commonly known as a Cadet.. the Canadian version, anyway.

Donna D. is our queen of manuals, and she can be reached by clicking Here.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just sent a PM to Jennifer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #5

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
Quote:
some photos would be nice too. I've never even heard of your model.
and I'm sure Donna will be in touch when she gets a minute to help you out Jennifer.

don't forget interior shots as well.
I'll work on the pictures tonight. The Predom Prespol was brought over to Canada in the late 80s and called the Captain (big model) and the Cadet (small model). Big and small is relative as the Captain is still only 10 feet long (without the hitch). They are still manufactured today in the same factory in Poland and sold in Europe and Asia, just not here anymore. Theoretically I could still get parts for it (for a price!!)

There are several layouts so the door is in different places depending on which interior you choose.

I've had it a year and could have sold it at least 4 times.
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #6

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I just did a web search and I HAVE seen one! a good friend of mine owns one and I've camped right beside him. I knew it was european but the name plate is missing. I must say his is in tough shape too as he has to tarp it if it rains.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #7

Trailer: Predom (126N)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Minogue View Post
... The Predom Prespol was brought over to Canada in the late 80s and called the Captain (big model) and the Cadet (small model). Big and small is relative as the Captain is still only 10 feet long (without the hitch). They are still manufactured today in the same factory in Poland and sold in Europe and Asia, just not here anymore. Theoretically I could still get parts for it (for a price!!)

There are several layouts so the door is in different places depending on which interior you choose.

I've had it a year and could have sold it at least 4 times.
Hallo!
I have "medium model" it is model 126N. I can’t find US’ name of my trailer.

Cadet (126 B,D,E,T – maybe more letters but except N) those trailers have different layouts but the door is always in the same place. The English versions have of curse door on the left side because shell back to front is installed.

Length of Cadet is 9,5’ length - 288cm
Captain has 12’ = 360,5cm
And my 126N has equal 10’ - 305cm

The Cadet and 126N (“Freedom” or Polish name “Enka”)are still manufactured. You could get almost all parts for those trailers in Poland. In case of parts I thing is possible to send it to US.

If you need more details about Predom trailers (Polish name “Niewiadow”) I can find and write them.

By the way, do you know is it possible to make description on main page also about my trailer? I could send photos, descriptions etc.
Jarek K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #8

Trailer: 88 Cadet
I have the original manual for my Cadet 1988. It's basically 5 pages of 81/2 x 11 with some very basic information. I will scan and make available. I also have the stove, and heater manual. Lucked out in that the previous owner kept it all together.
Len
Len Cater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Cater View Post
I have the original manual for my Cadet 1988. It's basically 5 pages of 81/2 x 11 with some very basic information. I will scan and make available. I also have the stove, and heater manual. Lucked out in that the previous owner kept it all together.
Len
Len, the document center software has been broken for months, but with the new software, members are going to be able to upload documents themselves. I know the Cadet manual will make a great addition! Be patient, it could take a couple of weeks until it's ready... or maybe sooner! Watch for an announcement later.

Cool!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #10

Trailer: 88 Cadet
I have the documents scanned into pdf format now. If you want to send me your email address (PM me it), then I can send it out direct. It includes the main sheets for the cadet, furnace, thermostat, stove, and bargman converter wiring.
Len Cater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #11

Trailer: Cadet
cadet manual

Quote:
I have the documents scanned into pdf format now. If you want to send me your email address (PM me it), then I can send it out direct. It includes the main sheets for the cadet, furnace, thermostat, stove, and bargman converter wiring.

Saw your post concerning Cadet trailer. Any chance of getting a copy of that manual? Also what is the weight of one of these?
Thanks
Peter
petr williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #12

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
Niewiadow

We were recently in Niewiadow selecting a small trailer to be purchased next year and decided to get N-126D. Our car there has 850kg towing capacity so this trailer at 650kg is well within car specs. We like the floor plan which is “similar” to our Bigfoot 21RB. The N0126D is about 3 times lighter and does not have as many features as our trailer here, but likely enough. We are looking forward to compare camping experience in US and EU.
George.
Attached Thumbnails
scan0003.jpg   scan0004.jpg  

scan0005.jpg   scan0006.jpg  

scan0007.jpg   scan0008.jpg  

GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #13

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek K View Post
Hallo!
I have "medium model" it is model 126N. I can’t find US’ name of my trailer.

Cadet (126 B,D,E,T – maybe more letters but except N) those trailers have different layouts but the door is always in the same place. The English versions have of curse door on the left side because shell back to front is installed.

Now that's an interesting statement. I always thought that camper would look better with the slope at the front. So I searched the interwebs for such a pic or illustration with no result. If you have a pic of an English model that would be very cool!
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveAlive View Post
Now that's an interesting statement. I always thought that camper would look better with the slope at the front. So I searched the interwebs for such a pic or illustration with no result. If you have a pic of an English model that would be very cool!
In fact teardrop trailers are sloped in the back. Regarding polish trailers this reverse slope could have something to do with reverse polish notation………….. this is a joke for someone who had experience with HP calculators.
http://www.freedomcaravans.com/
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #15

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
In fact teardrop trailers are sloped in the back. Regarding polish trailers this reverse slope could have something to do with reverse polish notation………….. this is a joke for someone who had experience with HP calculators.
http://www.freedomcaravans.com/
Ah, thanks George. I know tears are sloped in the back. I never really thought of the Cadet as tear, just thought it would look better reversed to look like how a lot of UK caravans are, and the Award etc. with the sloping front.

Now I know what to look for I found this on ebay UK:
Freedom Microlite Discovery LE 2 Berth Caravan 2010MY on eBay (end time 27-Nov-10 09:45:03 GMT)
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #16

Trailer: Boler 1984
I believe that the slope depends on the frame, and door, arrangement. One way for left hand drive and the other way for countries that have right hand drive.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #17

Trailer: Cadet
documents cadet

Quote:
Hi, my email is pwilliams@shaw.ca. I may out your way in May, 2011, and may have a look at local Cadets for sale. Any suggestions or warnings?
Thanks
Peter
petr williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #18

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Why is it that most trailers, caravans, built in Europe, seem to have better fit and finish and seem to have storage, kitchen, bath, dinette all squeezed in a 12' caravan that weighs less than 1500 lbs? Why can't we purchase or duplicate them here, in the US? here is one I'd love to purchase
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #19

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Why is it that most trailers, caravans, built in Europe, seem to have better fit and finish and seem to have storage, kitchen, bath, dinette all squeezed in a 12' caravan that weighs less than 1500 lbs? Why can't we purchase or duplicate them here, in the US? here is one I'd love to purchase
Simple. In Europe, they always had small(er) cars so the question always was: how do we squeeze more into the weight and the size we can haul". On this continent, the question always was: "how do we make it bigger..."
Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #20

A good example of weight concerns in EU is absence of slide-outs. At 600 lb. per slide-out 3 of them will weigh as much as a small European RV trailer.

I am certain that the cost of fuel in US will drive RVs weight down. We are planning a trip to Germany, France and Spain and I just checked the fuel prices; the average fuel cost between these 3 countries is $8.67/US gal. This is the key factor driving towards smaller cars, smaller engines and small and light caravans.
George.