maxxair window vents - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2022, 08:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
maxxair window vents

found this add.... have not followed up.
Are they back in production?
https://www.2040-parts.com/maxxair-w...55000-i112415/
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 09:38 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Apparently a leftover shop. Order will not process, I tried.

Moulds for those were destroyed when Airxcel bought the company. Found that out when I tried to buy the injection moulds.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:53 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Shucks!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:02 PM   #4

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
found this add.... have not followed up.
Are they back in production?
https://www.2040-parts.com/maxxair-w...55000-i112415/

I tried that site and it looks strange, funny spellings, thought it might be something I wouldn't want to send money to. We would REALLY like to figure out how to keep the rain out of our windows too - curved sides of the 16' Casita are trouble.
If anyone finds out a fix, we would love to know about it.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 01:30 PM   #5

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Rvent Window Louvers

Well, there is an alternative to the MaxxAir window louvers which are no longer available.

Two years ago Wayne Pavalko started this forum page on FiberglassRV. Note that Wayne’s Rvent louvers are completely different from the MaxxAir window louvers.

JonC and I were able to acquire Rvent louvers for our Casita trailers from Wayne. I posted a bit more info on the process in this post earlier this year. Jon also posted Wayne’s email address on the same forum page (two posts prior to mine). My post includes links to two youtube type videos that describe the different Rvent louvers.

Note that Wayne’s day-job keeps him pretty busy and per his original posting, he developed the initial louver for a neighbor using his at-hime 3D printer. Earlier this year, I attended a rally with Jon and Jon reported that Wayne did make a second louver for him after Jon sold his original Casita. At the same rally, another of my friends also reported that Wayne did make louvers for his trailer after I used Wayne’s templates to measure his windows.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
sliding window lock alternative

Click image for larger version

Name:	window lock web.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	147722
My 51 year old trailswest campster no longer has it original window pulls with locks. As it is a sliding window I headed to the hardware store and looked in the window parts section and came up with an alternative lock that secures into the Aluminum frames. They had two sizes that were a potential solution, one large, one smaller. neither was a just right fit. i noticed the larger size had a rubber liner piece inside it. I took that out and inserted it into the smaller sized lock and that made it just the right fit.

Sometimes when looking for solutions that are unknown you just have to head to hardware stores instead of RV stores and do creative thinking and experimenting. This time it did not require any cutting or filing but if needed I could have done that as well.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote