new boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2003, 07:02 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
new boler

Hi Everyone::
I am excited, just received my new 1978 Boler. It seems to be in very good condition, mint inside actually. I will want to change the original fabric on the cushions eventually, but they are in perfect condition, just not fussy about the colour. The outside is also in great condition, just the bottom colour is not to my liking, a sort of rust colour. I am finding that there are black runoff marks on the outside, tried removing them with Fantastic, seems to come off fairly well, but has been raining all night and now, mysteriously, they are back. Hopefully after I wax it, this will stop. Hoping to get back to the original luster with the wax. Also it does not have a 12V battery, so not sure how to go about that. Need it for the lights, I will be camping in areas with no power source. I am in the Toronto, Ontario area and am looking for a good location to take this little gem to have this 12 V installed. Enjoy this site, very helpful
Bev

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 04:34 PM   #2

Welcome

Hi Beverley :wave I'm a new Boler owner too (1970).

I hope you find everyone here as friendly and helpful as I have! They're a great bunch! (Hopefully one day I too will have knowledge to share)

Old 06-21-2003, 07:17 AM   #3

Hey, Beverley. sounds like you got a really nice trailer.
When you say install the 12v your talking Battery right?
Wouldn't just any automotive place work for getting a battery?
I'm pretty sure we have other Ontario-inans here some where to help find a place to buy a battery. They can't ALL be camping.

Old 06-22-2003, 06:11 PM   #4

Hi, Beverly,

I'm guessing you have a place for the battery, just no battery...

The only two things you need to know is the "form factor" (fancy name for battery size measurements) and the type. The "type" will be "deep cycle", "RV", or sometimes "marine", which means that it's intended to be discharged somewhat more than an automotive battery, which is used mainly for starting. "Big Box" stores frequently have good deals on batteries.

If you haul your trailer down to a battery store, they should steer you right.

Bill

Old 06-23-2003, 06:56 AM   #5

batteries.

Just a note. If I found myself in a position of needing to buy batteries for my trailer, I'd be buying Optima Yellow top's. They're smaller, have the same punch as normal lead-acid, are not damaged by excessive vibration, can be mounted on their sides, and weigh about 30 pounds less than your typical group-27 deep-discharge battery.

I have these and Optima Red-tops in my various 4x4's, and while my buddies are changing their lead-acid batteries every year, I'm still running the same ones after 5 years.

Given how much we Bolerites tend to concern ourselves with saving weight inside the trailer, saving 60 lbs of battery weight is probably a good thing (I have two batteries on my 13ft).

Old 06-23-2003, 07:06 AM   #6

Thanks Herb, I didn't know about these. My trailer came batteryless too. I'll keep these in mind for all my battery needs. they sound wonderful. never even thought about the excessive vibration part.

Old 06-23-2003, 05:45 PM   #7

Connecting Battery

Be careful when hooking up your new battery. Be certain that the positive lead is fused, and also be certain which lead is the negative lead.

Usually (but not always) the white wire is negative, and the black wire is positive - which somehow seems backwards to me.

-- Dan Meyer

Tags
boler