Well the last post just went off into the ether. Most of the oxidation came off with a good soap washing the wife give it yesterday.
I got three new tires
for it today, mounted and balanced, also checked the brakes
and after removing all the cobwebs, things didn't look to bad. I took the brakes
apart and cleaned everthing up, springs and stuff, put some white grease on the backing plate and repacked the bearing.
I check with the factory on Friday, and they will sell the compelete, brake set for $96 plus shipping, doesn't sound to bad a price, if anyone's has any better site, let me know.
The above includes everything from the backing plate out.
Changed the goose neck hitch from the 88 ford range, 3.0L 4x4, stick, to our range 02, 4.0l 4x4 auto, I hope this pull's it better. The original 88 Ranger was a little gutless on the way home, of course the PO didn't have any problem, pulling mountain's or anything, LOL. Got to love old guys.
Then next thing is putting a brake controller on the truck, I have two options,
1) take the one out of the 88 and retro into my truck or
2) get a new one,
thanks for the input and here's some pic's