Norseman "Sunburst" awning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 95 Bigfoot 17 ft / 2005 F-250 V-10
Hi all,
Well I was a dummy when I stored my Bigfoot for the winter. Backing up under my canopy storage I accidently shattered one of the plastic covers that are on the ends of the awning. This is a Norseman "Sunburst"awning. A search on the internet reveals that Norseman is still in business, but no longer makes awnings.
This seems to be just a cover and has no functionality that I can see--but I would like to replace it if possible.
Any thoughts
Thanks!
Bonnie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
My only suggestion is to go ahead and follow up with Norse...contact them, perhaps they sold all their parts, etc. to another company who's making the exact same awning under a different name It may be worth a phone call, or two or three...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
My only suggestion is to go ahead and follow up with Norse...contact them, perhaps they sold all their parts, etc. to another company who's making the exact same awning under a different name It may be worth a phone call, or two or three...
Thanks, Donna.
Yes--I will probably give them a shout and see if they have any info. I just went out and looked at the part. It just screws on--made from molded plastic. Probably was a bit fragile after a lot of years in the sun.
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
If you have no luck there, try Walts RV.

They are the worlds biggest candy store of odd and used RV items, a big junkyard you could spend your whole vacation (And paycheck) in!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
If you have no luck there, try Walts RV.

They are the worlds biggest candy store of odd and used RV items, a big junkyard you could spend your whole vacation (And paycheck) in!
Cool, Gina!
I will give them a call! Thank you.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #6

Name: Susan
Trailer: Ford Travelaire Motor home
Ontario
Help,

Hello, we have a sunburst norseman awning, we live in Northern ontario, Can anyone tell me where we can buy a new awning fabric for it. This is all that is wrong with it but from what I have been reading Norseman is out of business. Will any fabric fit on this or do you have to get a special one. Help!!! thank you all in advance

Susan
Susan Pellerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hey Susan, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

So, you've got an awning problem? I can't answer specifically for the brand, but I do KNOW, when it's time for me to replace the awning fabric on my trailer, I can find it locally. It MAY require me taking off the awning, but a local company can help me.

After all... the manufacturer of your trailer did NOT make the fabric NOR the awning. The same or similar rules should apply.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #8

Name: DJ
Trailer: Toyota
Oregon
Fabric can be purchased from tent and awning supply.
Does anybody have the instructions for the Norseman Sunburst?????
djbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If you do a google you will find a few different ones. Here is one for a Sunburst Eclipse Awning that may or may not help you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #10

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
I have a copy of the Bigfoot Sunburst Awning if you would like it !
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: Big Foot
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbarker View Post
Fabric can be purchased from tent and awning supply.
Does anybody have the instructions for the Norseman Sunburst?????
Are you still looking for instructions? I have some.
Tatlock Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #12

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
this is a situation where having a 3D printer would be handy
If you break plastic parts on vintage equipment be sure you hang onto those broken pieces. They can be temporarily reassembled and then scanned to create the 3D printer file.

I found through research on an older awning that used to be on a Lance Camper (it also had a broken end cap) that it and many other awnings were made by Fiamma and then rebranded with names such as the one put onto yours. You have to open up the awning and then look for a label with model number inside on the main metal assembly. Then check that number out on a Fiama discontinued awning website. If you do find a match then open up a file for that model number that shows the parts diagram with part numbers. Then you can search for that specific part number to see if someone has it in stock. While my Lance Camper unit no longer had the part available from a US source there was a source for the part in Europe which is where they are made. It does not cost a lot to ship a small plastic piece from Europe. So don't be surprised to find yourself on European websites when conducting your parts searches.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #13

Name: Misha
Trailer: Vanguard
Alberta
Norseman awning

Hi, new here.

We have what appears to be a Norseman awning on our RV , but have no idea what model number it might be. It's a big one, probably 25' long by 10' wide. The number on the awning is A8 2022030, found on the end of the upper strut.

We just bought this unit in May 2016. It's a 1985 Vanguard 37' Class A. We are total newbies to RVing as well.

Looking for any information we can get on this awning.

We're trying to roll it back up but are unable to get any tension on it. Wondering if we're rolling it in the wrong direction or if the spring mechanism is shot or ??????

Is anybody able to help?
cheapmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #14

Name: Jason
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatlock Tinkerer View Post
Are you still looking for instructions? I have some.
Hi
I'm looking for instructions to help me with a repair to my sunburst awning. Possibly they're still available?
thanks
Jay88 is offline   Reply With Quote