Orders and Scamp shipping cost - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2022, 09:18 AM   #1

Name: Robin
Trailer: 2013 16ft Scamp
California
Orders and Scamp shipping cost

Hi Everyone, so appreciative of all the great advice in here.
I am ordering a new door seal from Scamp (per advice on this forum), and since Scamp shipping costs are so high, I might as well pick up a few other maintenance items that I may need down the road (putty, caulk, hinges, etc…) that are specific to Scamp. I already have extra snap caps and rivets and an extra set of keys, but what other Scamp related items do you have on hand for annual maintenance and repair?
Campingbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
It's nice to spend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingbliss View Post
Hi Everyone, so appreciative of all the great advice in here.
I am ordering a new door seal from Scamp (per advice on this forum), and since Scamp shipping costs are so high, I might as well pick up a few other maintenance items that I may need down the road (putty, caulk, hinges, etc…) that are specific to Scamp. I already have extra snap caps and rivets and an extra set of keys, but what other Scamp related items do you have on hand for annual maintenance and repair?
...other peoples money. I carry a set of grease packed wheal bearings and a spare water pump. Never needed in 5 years of Scamping. You may also want to get them to pack in some of the small things that we were all buying at the last Rally. Key chains, stickers etc. https://www.scamptrailers.com/produc.../clothing-misc
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 06:19 AM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Hi,
I would also add a set of amber and red marker lights to the list. They aren't expensive and we have broke a couple over the years. Oh, they come complete with spare bulbs.

I have also replaced the exterior door lock assembly and latch mechanism. Vibration does cause wear and allows the bolt to retract.

You are thinking ahead and that is a good thing.

Bob H.
BobH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:56 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Agree it’s good to have a spare door latch mechanism, especially the inside part. Outside handle is available from other sources, but with supply chain issues, no harm in buying from Scamp while you’re at it.

Do you think you might have any desire to change your upper cabinet supports to the new tree design?

Eventually you might need to replace the decals.

Gravel guard hardware and door hinge rebuild kits are better at www.campingtreasures.com.

Can’t think of much else you really need from Scamp.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:03 AM   #5

California
Thanks Jon,
When I purchased my 2013 Scamp in 2020, One of the first things I did was replace the campy spiral cabinets supports with the cool new pine tree version. I love the upgrade. I’m going to order a spare door mechanism as suggested. Happy Camping everyone, I’m headed to Flagstaff this weekend.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:58 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There was fresh snow on the peaks this weekend on top of some a week earlier, but mild and sunny weather in the forecast. Should be cool but gorgeous, my favorite time of year. Have a great trip!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:42 PM   #7

California
Mine too, I love it cool and the autumn colors are spectacular.

Tags
scamp