places to get "hitched" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Bigfoot
Anyone know a reputable company to have an equalizer hitch, sway bars, brake controller etc. put on in the Los Angeles area? I keep reading online about how this place and that place said they'd put one thing on, then put something else cheaper on! I want to go to a good place, there has to be one you might all have used. I will travel if necessary.
Thanks Francine
Francine P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Anyone know a reputable company to have an equalizer hitch, sway bars, brake controller etc. put on
Francine,
I had mine put on at Uhaul. They were competive in pricing and for $5 more you get a lifetime warranty at any uhaul. I felt that I was using my hitch to travel, so this made sense.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
My trailer already had the Weight Distributing Hitch components installed. I went to Camping World to purchase the rest of the components I needed. I installed my hitch receiver and initial 4-pin flat electrical connection myself, because they were simple bolt-on and plug-in pieces. I installed the 7-pin round receptacle onto the receiver frame myself, and plugged the 4-pin flat into the back of it. Then I took the Odyssey back to Camping World and had them install the Prodigy Brake Controller and the Battery Charging system with all of the appropriate isolating diodes.

Their President's Club <sup>®</sup> discount on this amount of work was significant, and more than compensated for the membership fee. I shopped and timed my purchases during significant store sales, but they did a professional installation that I am satisfied with, and have had no problems with in the 5 years since I had the work done.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sorry, can't help with the "in Los Angeles area," the topic I found was in Northern California:
Excellent Trailer Service in Northern California, sorry they're not further south!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Anyone know a reputable company to have an equalizer hitch, sway bars, brake controller etc. put on in the Los Angeles area? I keep reading online about how this place and that place said they'd put one thing on, then put something else cheaper on! I want to go to a good place, there has to be one you might all have used. I will travel if necessary.
Thanks Francine

Hi Francine

We live in Canyon Country - not too far from you. We had our work done at:

Accurate Trailer Hitch & Welding
26570 Ruether Ave.
Santa Clarita
(661) 251 9234

I think they can help you. We were very happy with their work and reasonable with pricing.

I hope this helps.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Hi Francine

We live in Canyon Country - not too far from you. We had our work done at:

Accurate Trailer Hitch & Welding
26570 Ruether Ave.
Santa Clarita
(661) 251 9234

I think they can help you. We were very happy with their work and reasonable with pricing.

I hope this helps.

That's perfect! Thanks, Francine
Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Canyon Country is way closer to you, but if they don't work out

T&T Welding
1525 Hamner Ave, Norco, CA
(951) 735-4745‎

Great guys, prices and excellent work
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 AM   #8

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Quote:
Thanks Francine
I have found that U-haul hitch stores very good and their prices seem to beat anyone in my area. Tim
Tim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Canyon Country is way closer to you, but if they don't work out

T&T Welding
1525 Hamner Ave, Norco, CA
(951) 735-4745‎

Great guys, prices and excellent work

Thanks again you guys are great!! I'll probably call both and get a feel about them.
Francine
Old 10-01-2008, 03:50 AM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Ask around about your local UHaul -- I've always had good luck with them, but some folks report otherwise -- It depends on the management and workers - Definitely look for one with serious work area and not just a rental yard.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
Francine -

Best place in Los Angeles is "Eckharts"

http://www.eckharts.com/

They do great work, and are priced competitively to Uhaul, but their work is custom, so your hitch is virtually
hidden under your tug. I just got a new truck last week and had them do a receiver for me - excellent work and
done quickly - you do need to make an appointment. They also handle sway bars, brake controllers, wiring, etc.

Also, they feature a Boler on the front page of their website, so you know they are good!
Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote