Pop Rivet Size Chart - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #1

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
Pop Rivet Size Chart

Does anyone have a chart showing all of the different sizes of rivets used on a scamp and what they are used for? I have stripped my trailer and need to put it back together. Thanks for the help
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #2

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
What I did is call Scamp, have them year of my trailer and that it was a 13 standard. While Devon rattled off sizes and applications, I wrote it all down on a print out from my computer/printer of their rivets page. Since some of the rivets are for the 16, I knew they didn't apply to me.

However, I must share that on two occasions the recommended rivet length was too long, hence a sloppy fit. Calling Scamp about it, they mentioned that in places, the FG shell can have varying thicknesses. Just something to be aware of when you choose the correct Scamp rivet and it doesn't work length wise!
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #3

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
What I need to confirm first is the size to use for the belly band. I will contact scamp for help
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Alaska
Pop Rivet Size Chart

We am planning to replace some rivets/caps and a chart like this would be useful info is anyone out there has it.
jgutteter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:21 AM   #5

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Here is a PDF file of the Scamp Rivet sizes doc I made several years ago, as per Devon at Scamp and my previous post. I hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scamp Rivet Sizes.pdf (77.1 KB, 193 views)
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Alaska
Thank you
jgutteter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #7

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16
Michigan
Campytime….I am so happy you posted that pdf....I think it is just what I need! BTW, what year is your Scamp?
Trudys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #8

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
figuring out the length of the grip is pretty easy. The sizes relate to the thickness of materials they are pulling together. My background is working in aircraft production where we have a special gauge for this task. It has a narrow end with a slight hook on it that you insert into the hole. Then pull back until the hook indexes against the inside surface and read the depth of the hole on the markings on the gauge.

You can buy them for a reasonable price on Ebay but you will want to look for one that is in inch scale. The one in the photo above reads in 16th of an inch but most pull rivets from the stores are in 1/8th inch increments so divide by two.

Or you can make one by trimming a strip of plastic or metal then making 1/8" increment marks on it. Or make one by trimming a 6" flexible Westcott plastic ruler that you can purchase at the office supply stores.

Figuring out the diameter is easy. Use the blunt end of drill bits and poke it into the hole. There are only a few diameters of rivets used so your set of diameter measuring tools is not going to be extensive.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #9

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16
Michigan
k corbin….thanks for the info....good to know
Trudys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote