Prepping Casita to sit for a few more months - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #1

Name: K
Trailer: C
Iowa
Prepping Casita to sit for a few more months

I drained the fresh/black/grey tanks.

I think I need to drian the hot water heater (which I put in another post).

Do I need to remove the battery? it looks like a pain to remove. I've never looked at it in 3 years of being hooked up to 30 amp service places. I think it does not have water in it.

I put down all the stabilizers and a few extras, the tires will probably get ruined again, but I don't have time to worry about the tires. I have about 12 hours to figure out everything I need to do.
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:43 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoot View Post
Do I need to remove the battery? it looks like a pain to remove. I've never looked at it in 3 years of being hooked up to 30 amp service places. I think it does not have water in it.
I have about 12 hours to figure out everything I need to do.
At this point it may not make any difference if the battery stays in. Although if you have a hard wired CO monitor, you may want to disconnect a battery cable to keep what volts are in it now. May be still good later.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:27 AM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoot View Post
I drained the fresh/black/grey tanks.

I think I need to drian the hot water heater (which I put in another post).

I put down all the stabilizers and a few extras, the tires will probably get ruined again, but I don't have time to worry about the tires. I have about 12 hours to figure out everything I need to do.
:if you live in a cold area just remember that Batteries freeze and when they do they blow out one end or the other now the battery is not good any more.
Peter
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #4

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Depends on how cold you're talking about, and whether it's on a trickle-charger.

A mostly-discharged battery might freeze just below 0F, but a fully-charged one is good to more like -90F.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
Depends on how cold you're talking about, and whether it's on a trickle-charger.

A mostly-discharged battery might freeze just below 0F, but a fully-charged one is good to more like -90F.
this!

I leave my trailer plugged in to an extension cord, but I replaced the Parallax with a PD4600, which has a battery tender mode and won't boil a battery.

Another option would be a portable solar panel, if the battery is already charged, a 10W battery tender panel would do nicely.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita