Priming a 2004 Trillium Outback Water pump - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2023, 08:11 AM   #1

Name: Krista
Trailer: Trillium Outback
British Columbia
Priming a 2004 Trillium Outback Water pump

Hi! Nice to meet you all and thanks for all the great posts I’ve read so far. I’ve got a bit of a newbie question, I feel like there may be an easy answer, but it’s just not apparent. I’ve searched the forums, but couldn’t find this particular question.

Unfortunately when I was draining the fresh water tank and running cleaner through the lines, I ran the water pump dry. Now it won’t pump water! The pump still runs, though. I figure it just needs to be primed. I can get to the water tank under the front sofa bench, but can’t see the pump.

Can anyone tell me, how do I access the pump to troubleshoot and prime it? I wish there was a hatch on the exterior to make things easy, but the pump seems to be enclosed in the same fibreglass surround that holds the fridge, stove, and sink.

Thanks so much for your help!
Trill-ium Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:36 AM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Since the company that made your trailer still exists, mayber give them a call:
https://trilliumtrailers.com/
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:28 AM   #3

Name: Iain
Trailer: Trillium outback
California
if your trillium resembles mine, the water pump is accessible by taking out the fridge. The water pump is to the left of the cavity and is a bit of a hassle to remove, but can be done after a bit of cursing and stretching. I speak from recent bitter experience…
Dyquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #4

Name: Iain
Trailer: Trillium outback
California
I wouldn’t put too much faith in a reply from the outback folks. They are not noted for prompt response to customer enquiry
Dyquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 05:48 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: casita
Ontario
Hi Most pumps are "diaphram".They can be difficult to prime. The trick is to get water into the pump. If the tank(full) is above the pump let it sit overnight with the pump off. A tap turned on will help. If you are lucky the priming "gods" will fix your pump overnight. Somebody here is going to say I am crazy and I wont dispute that at all! but it is worth a try. Having access to the pump is best. Mike
Sammydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium