Rear view cameras - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 08:44 AM   #1

Name: Reino
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Rear view cameras

I am thinking about getting a rear view camera. I would like one that is wireless (for easy installation) and would operate when the trailer is moving both forward and backing. I am seeing a lot of dash cams and rear view cams on Amazon but I am unsure how they would work with my 13 foot Scamp and Ford Escape. I have a little android tablet that I would like to use for the monitor. Does anyone have anything that they would recommend?
Vanhamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, with just a cheap $10 ebay back up camera in my scamp 13. It works well. Here is a link to my previous post about it with pictures LINK

I also use the torque app for other car information, here is a quick screen shot of my phone.

The camera is pretty much real time, there is maybe a quarter second delay.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20180506-132109.jpg  
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanhamies View Post
I am thinking about getting a rear view camera. I would like one that is wireless (for easy installation) and would operate when the trailer is moving both forward and backing. I am seeing a lot of dash cams and rear view cams on Amazon but I am unsure how they would work with my 13 foot Scamp and Ford Escape. I have a little android tablet that I would like to use for the monitor. Does anyone have anything that they would recommend?
We put one in our motorhome since you can't see out the back. It will go up to 75 feet wireless. You can mount some on the license plate bracket. We got ours from Tadi Brothers. Website tadibrothers.com and phone 1-866-966-5550 We got a 7 inch monitor and wished we'd gotten a 5 inch. You have to have 12V full time to run the camera when driving. We found a wire that was hot only when the engine was on. We didn't want the camera on constantly and didn't want to wire it to a tail light where we'd have to run our lights all the time. The monitor runs off of a 12V cigarette type plug in in your vehicle. Drove almost 3,000 miles in April/May and loved it. It was worth the money we spent.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote