Referral for FG Repair Work in So. California - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Thumbs up

Hi all.

I'm looking for a referral for a reputable individual/company who does quality fiberglass repair work. I have a ding in the front section of my new Bigfoot and I would like to have it fixed.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Hi all.

I'm looking for a referral for a reputable individual/company who does quality fiberglass repair work. I have a ding in the front section of my new Bigfoot and I would like to have it fixed.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Jane,

I'm from NorCal so I don't know any specific shops. However, if I needed work done here in Santa Cruz I would call the best Surf Shop in town and ask them to recommend a glass shop. Another place would be a custom Hot Rod Shop. These places specialize in quality work and have all the tools. Some auto body shops also do fiber glass...

If the repair would be covered by insurance then your company should refer you to a good body shop.

Failing that - Tried the Yellow Pages?

Best of luck,

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
You might check with your insurance co to see if they have a preferred hop. Even if it is not insured damage, they may be able to help. We had damage from a tree and our insurance co referred us to a company in the area that I believe will to outstanding (and warrantied) work. They specialize in RV body repair and do the big rigs as well as repair to local emergency vehicle, et.

Good luck

Dave
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
You might check with your insurance co to see if they have a preferred hop. Even if it is not insured damage, they may be able to help. We had damage from a tree and our insurance co referred us to a company in the area that I believe will to outstanding (and warrantied) work. They specialize in RV body repair and do the big rigs as well as repair to local emergency vehicle, et.

Good luck

Dave

I bought the trailer knowing that there was damage. It will result in any water incursion. I was able to negotiate a good price for the trailer, so now I just need to get it fixed.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
I bought the trailer knowing that there was damage. It will result in any water incursion. I was able to negotiate a good price for the trailer, so now I just need to get it fixed.
I didn't assume that i was an insured repair, only than the insurance companies have their "preferred" shops. I would not have found the shop that I am using without the referral from the insurance co. I hope I get it back soon. It has been 2 months.

Dave
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote