Refrigerator drain tube - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #1

Name: Sylvia
Trailer: 2006 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17'
CA
Refrigerator drain tube

Hi, I'm the new (third) owner of a 2006 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17'.

A member here told me to check the drain tube on the back of the refrigerator for age and cracks, to prevent leaks and water damage.

So I pulled off the two panels and poked around today. Here, for general consumption, are my findings.

Everything looks shipshape. A bit dusty but no bug nests. (For the record, I have no idea what this stuff is supposed to look like.)

The drain tube is flexible (not cracked or brittle) and appears new. Yay!

In fact, the refrigerator itself is newish -- the 2nd owner said the 1st owner had a problem with the original fridge, and Casita replaced it under warranty. I had assumed the newer refrigerator was several years old, but today I saw info on a part sticker that suggests that it's a 2015 model.

Here are photos of the top and bottom of the back of the fridge, as seen from outside the trailer. And also one of the sticker. (Fingers crossed; first post with photos.)

Do you see anything amiss or of interest?

Does the "15" indicate 2015?

Thanks!

Sylvia

Sylvia W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #2

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia W View Post
Hi, I'm the new (third) owner of a 2006 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17'.

A member here told me to check the drain tube on the back of the refrigerator for age and cracks, to prevent leaks and water damage.

So I pulled off the two panels and poked around today. Here, for general consumption, are my findings.

Everything looks shipshape. A bit dusty but no bug nests. (For the record, I have no idea what this stuff is supposed to look like.)

The drain tube is flexible (not cracked or brittle) and appears new. Yay!

In fact, the refrigerator itself is newish -- the 2nd owner said the 1st owner had a problem with the original fridge, and Casita replaced it under warranty. I had assumed the newer refrigerator was several years old, but today I saw info on a part sticker that suggests that it's a 2015 model.

Here are photos of the top and bottom of the back of the fridge, as seen from outside the trailer. And also one of the sticker. (Fingers crossed; first post with photos.)

Do you see anything amiss or of interest?

Does the "15" indicate 2015?

Thanks!

Sylvia

I would say it is a 2015 model fridge. The label should be correct.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator