Replacing screams is the casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Like you Joe, I owned a 17' Casita but sold it and bought the Big Foot last year.

Some years ago while traveling in TX, I took the Casita to Rice and asked to have the screen door replaced. They quoted a price which included labor. So I just bought the door, and with the company's acquiescence, took the door off in their parking lot and replaced it with the new door...and the latches did not line up, not even close. I had specifically asked about this concern and was assured they were the same. I was not about to punch a new hole in the frame so I returned the new door and got my money back. I adjusted the old door until it fit.

But there are people that are just not mechanically inclined or simply not physically able, and to those people ACE, or even a mobile RV Service shop, is a viable alternative for doing repair work, particularly when on the road.

Life is too short to worry about such things. Give it a shot but if it does not work for you take it to a professional.
I replaced the screen in my Casita's screen door in my driveway.
I understand some don't know what end of a screw driver to hold but replacing the screens is a totally different animal and again I am a very avid do it yourselfer. In my post I tried to indicate that I didn't think it was possible except by maybe getting a new window or at least removing the whole window. Believe me I had considered cleaning the screen on my Casita more than a couple of times.

I was a professional service technician, computers and related gear, for 35 years. I have taken things to dealers warranty or not and other then a simple oil change most resulted in a bum job.
A year ago I bought a low mileage,13k VW dieselgate Jetta Sports Wagen because I like VW Diesel cars and there's a dealer nearby, one out of 4, that I actually trust to do the job right. At nearing 77 years young I want a car I can get dependable service on, I'm no longer interested in getting under an automobile.
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita