Rodent trouble - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
So far so good. No mice in the Bigfoot.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2851.JPG  
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #22

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Bounce dryer sheets seem to work for me. Put one in every cubby, drawer and cupboard. Stuffed one in the the electrical port and put one in the 3-way fridge control area behind the outside vent. In two winters, the only evidence of mice damage I've seen is the chewed-through straps that run under the trailer to hold the cover in place.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
Bounce dryer sheets seem to work for me......
I have a tool compartment on my tractor that the mice like to nest in. I stuffed Bounce sheets in there and they made a nest out of them.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
We've had good luck with Bounce dryer sheets over 4 years of storing our trailer outdoors. Plus we make sure there are no food remnants in the trailer.
In our garage we place a small pie pan with moth balls underneath each vehicle. We used to have a terrible problem of rodents in the ventilation system...not any more. Just be sure you don't have pets who access the garage,. If so, you can put moth balls in a piece of old pantyhose or something similar and tie it inside the engine compartment.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #25

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
So far so good. No mice in the Bigfoot.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Clean Mice

I have had mice in the air cleaner of the engine on one of my cars.

I understand if a mouse can get his head through an opening, he can get his whole body through.

What are you? A man or a mouse? Squeak up!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #27

Name: Ben and Janie
Trailer: 2013 16foot Scamp tug 2003 Ford Ranger
Kentucky
I saw a mouse climb up the electrical cord and enter the hole around it the flap was down and latched the little door was down also they can go through small holes
Ben and Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #28

Name: Gigi
Trailer: Scamp 19
Tennessee
Steel wool

My dad was a plumber and he used steel wool when he had to make holes in walls/floors in NY. Kept small mice and big rats out.

Also, try googling to see what smell mice don't like. I use peppermint oil on cotton balls to keep spiders away. Smells nice to us, no chemicals.
tnchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #29

Name: Gigi
Trailer: Scamp 19
Tennessee
Cat smell

We live in the country, and used to live on 15 acres. It is normal to have mice in the house under those circumstances. However, we have always had at least six cats. And guess what? We never had a mouse! Mice can smell a cat and stay away.

If you have an outdoor cat in the winter, please make sure they have a warm, dry place to go to when it is inclement.
tnchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #30

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Only way I know of to keep mice out of our trailers, is any place the size of a pencil eraser plug with steel wool. The other thing that I do is the outside fridge vents I use hardware cloth and use wire ties to keep it attached to the vents. Since I have done these two things the last 6 years or so, I haven't had them in the trailer.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote