Roof strength 03 21ft Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #1

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Shopping
Manitoba
Roof strength 03 21ft Bigfoot

I wanted to wash and wax the roof of my 03 21RB my only concern is my weight on the roof. I was wondering how much weight it can safely have on it, and if i should get my significantly lighter spouse to get up there and do it. Im concerned about both for different reasons asking her to do it might get me full timing in it through our chilly winters.

Thanks,

Ryan
Rodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
My experience is with my trailer only, but the roof is plenty strong to hold an average persons weight. Most fiberglass trailers aren't, but the flat roof of the Bigfoot seems to come with quite a bit more strength.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #3

Name: Alex
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Registry
No problem on 2019 17.5

I recently waxed mine from top to bottom. I didn't stand on top...just kneeled and crawled around. It felt sturdy the entire time without any noticeable flex or creaks. I'm about 230lbs.
SnowballCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:55 AM   #4

Name: Roger
Trailer: Bigfoot
BC
Walked all over the top of mine washing and removed fantastic fans for a thorough cleaning. More worried about falling off it.
hb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:19 AM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: bigfoot
California
I'm 200 lbs and stood on every corner of mine.... its plenty strong to have 3 fat guys up there....
Bob Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Roof Strength 03 21ft Bigfoot

Hi this year at the BOCI Rally, this topic came up as the owner of Bigfoot was there with a couple of guys from Bigfoot. Talking to Rob he said that they have had as much as 5 men on top of a Bigfoot and they did this at a RV Show just to show the strength of the Bigfoot roof, so I don't think that you have anything to worry about, and yes I am 200 lbs and I go up to wash, check vents, check caulking, and to install my winter cover every year for the last 10 years and there are never any weak spots.
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot