Ryobi Portable Fan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Thumbs up Ryobi Portable Fan

I wanted to pass on info regarding a portable fan I use in the trailer when dry camping. We got it at Home Depot:

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18v_oneplus/specialty_tools/P3300"]http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18v_oneplus/specialty_tools/P3300"]http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18v_oneplus/specialty_tools/P3300

It is terrific around the house and in my Bigfoot 19' trailer. I currently do not have a 12 volt ceiling fan - the Bigfoot manufacturer either installs an AC/fan or ceiling fan, but not both. So, if I am not hooked up, I don't have a fan in the cabin should I need a cooling source.

This Royal portable is perfect for my needs. It is very lightweight and has 2 speeds. It is fairly thin, and can be stored quite easily when underway. The high speed provides a fair amount of power. It fits perfectly on the shelf attached to the dinette table, and really cools the cabin down. If it is a particularly hot evening, it can be positioned on the shelfs on either end of my gaucho couch/bed. The faceplate can be angled in any direction. Right now it is on the floor next to my desk facing upward as I am typing. I also set it up next to my exercise bike and it keeps me very comfortable during my 45 minute workouts.

The battery lasts about 5 hours. I have 3 batteries. They are easily charged using the converter. But a cigarette charger is also available.

Hope this info is helpful to someone.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
We use the Endless Breeze, It's 12V like our trailers. 3 speeds.
FanTastic Vent - Product - Endless Breeze

We can hang it from the windows too.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Hey Roy,

I'm familiar with Endless Breeze. The fan we have meets our need much more. That is why I decided to post this thread. That is really impressive that you can recharge the Endless Breeze with the car's cigarette lighter too.

Ryobi actually manufactures power tools. The Batteries for the fan can also be used for these tools. My husband bought a couple of tools at the same time he bought the batteries and charger. When traveling, I take the charger and 2 batteries. I just like how I well I can direct this fan and also how light and quite it is. It reallly is perfect for my trailer and home.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Nice! That could be very handy for those that like to travel with a cordless tool set. Adding a fan to set seems very practical!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
Nice! That could be very handy for those that like to travel with a cordless tool set. Adding a fan to set seems very practical!
Looks like it could also be very helpful in blowing away some of the mosquitos and gnats at night. Thanks for the link.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
for those that like to travel with a cordless tool set. Adding a fan to set seems very practical!
That makes a lot of sense. I should take my blinders off while reading posts.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fans, ventilation